We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic mass

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic mass

We'll be on Maui on a Sunday in August staying in kaanapali at Hyatt regency. Any catholic masses nearby? On beach or open air would be awesome.

Thank you!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic mass

I do not know of Ka'anapali open air masses, but all of my on island and visitor friends attend Maria Lanakila in Lahaina.

http://www.marialanakila.org

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic mass

I have always attended Saint Theresa's church, but they are located in Kihei, so that doesn't help you.

If I remember correctly, the Maria Lanakila Church has a mass on Saturday night, and the Tongan choir sings. Beautiful voices! It was czar that wrote about the choir in her trip reports. I just can't remember the name of the church but I don't think there would be that many Catholic churches in Lahaina.

There is a service on the beach though, no particular denomination. I can't remember exactly where, but it is up the West side somewhere.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k5094827…

Found this old thread from last year.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 17:55
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic mass

Yes Joan, it is Maria Lanakila for the Tongan choir. The church on the beach is Calvary Chapel and is at Wahikuli Park (sort of across from the post office). The only problem with that service is keeping your mind on the sermon rather than the honu and breaching kohola in the background ;)

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic mass

thank you!

5. Re: Catholic mass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:17