We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Fish Markets

Spokane
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh Fish Markets

I have searched the forum for fresh fish markets but cannot find recent info. The Fish Market Maui link takes me to a website that is no longer active.

We would like to grill fresh fish a couple of times during our trip with locally sourced fish. We will be at the Westin Villas and I understand there is a farmers market nearby. Does that farmers market ever offer fresh fish?

Any other recommendations?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

The Fish Market is right up the Lower Road from the Westin Villas-2 stoplights, turn left, and follow it to the little strip mall. It will be on your right, and is about a mile from the turn. They need to fix their website for sure!!

Spokane
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

A glad to hear they are still open! Do you recommend them SW or do you prefer another market?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

Looks like their website was hacked or something, but they are in business: 3600 Lower Honoapiilani Rd., Honokowai

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

They are very good-not cheap, but good. Crazy busy too, best to get there before noon most days.

Foodland Farms is another good choice. It's in the Lahaina Gateway Center. Happy eating!!

Spokane
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

We really loved the fish we had on our Kauai trip. We found a market in Koloa Town (sp) and visited it a couple of times. I think our favorite was called ono? Hoping we can try that one again!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

We stay at the Westin Villas every year and buy fish for our crew for the grill from the Fish Market each time! No, it is not cheap by any means!

However if you time it right you can witness the the fishermen pull up and listen to the great bargaining over the price per pound! You will pay about double. It's amazing fresh.

Spokane
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

OK... define not cheap? Does that mean more than $12-14 pound? The not cheap on maui seems to be a lot more than not cheap here in spokane!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
468 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

The Fish Market should have ono and/or mahi mahi on most days. Our favorite mild fish is the latter prepared with their ginger-soy marinade. Enjoy!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

Ahi was 19:99 a pound, sashimi grade was about $22. Remember that it has to be frozen to land in Spokane markets! This really is off the boat fresh!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
468 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fresh Fish Markets

I just asked my husband what he paid for our mahi mahi a few weeks ago at the Fish Market on Lower Honoapiilani Road. It was almost $23 per pound! Ono is right up there, too. Though spendy, the 1.5 lbs of fish we buy feeds our family of four twice (with fish tacos the second night). And, oh so fresh and good!