We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf today

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Golf today

The PGA Tournament of Champions is going on now in Kapalua. The third round is today and final round tomorrow afternoon; it is airing on The Golf Channel.

I love every minute, they share many amazing views including some great shots of humpback whales. It is beautiful there today and just wanted to share in case anyone wants a Live Maui-fix.

~ littered

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,962 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf today

Hey littlered! Someone posted about this just a couple of days ago. We've had the football on instead...

How many more sleeps for you now???

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf today

Hi Joan, I didn't see it posted the other day, it is so beautiful to watch, I'm recording it too. :)

It's 56 days for us now... I just can't wait!

~ littered

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,845 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf today

My original thread :) I totally understand your excitement watching it!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k708145…

We watch it every year to see our favorite views of Kapalua. This year we left after the first day.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf today

Thanks for posting littlered! We recorded, but I had forgotten until just now, and I'm watching beautiful Kapalua where I'll be staying in just 71 days! Happy happy! Wish you all could be there with us at the same time!

And here's a shout out to the front-runner, our own hometown boy, Zach Johnson!!! Woo-hoo!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf today

travelbugged, so sad you had to come back but so glad you return soon. We are going to book a golf day at the Plantation course, the other one we chose is Pukalani.

Teri, will root for Zach for you, we do sometimes as we are also from Iowa but my favorites are Phil Mc. & Steve Stricker but they are not there. (I don't think anyways).

~ littered

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf today

Yep, it's a beautiful day today! Only problem is my weeds keep growing faster and faster with all the sunshine,lol.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf today

And the weather is SOOOOoooooo different from last year's tournament! LOL Last year was insane, but what GORGEOUS weather so far! We've been watching HOURS worth, mostly just to see our beloved Maui (though we do enjoy watching golf ). It's been amazing to see Molokai in its entirety, the whole ridge line and EVERYTHING! That has been a very rare sight during our weeks on Maui. SO, SO beautiful!

Bet ol' Nick is wanting to go outside and chase you around the trees, SW! ;-)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf today

He had a great time supervising lots of yard work lately...........not much help at it tho'!

Of course, seeing all of Moloka'i is not "good". That is because it shows we are in a Kona weather pattern and will most likely get some rain and vog over the next few days, if the trades don't come back quick.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf today

We've been watching every day knowing that we head there in 16 more days. Not golfing Kapalua but hoping for Wailea Blue and Kahili

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf today

Oh SW, I can just see Nick and you out in the yard! LOL! Bet I know who had the most fun on those days!

And being a (reluctant) mainlander, I did not realize that seeing Molokai meant Kona weather. I just knew I had very rarely seen all of Molokai the way I have on TV during the PGA. It sure is gorgeous! I simply have to get over to Molokai & do the mule ride down to Kalaupapa next trip…….And I LOVE Kapalua. We've more than once sat right at the place the broadcasters are shown in the Plantation House. Ahhhhhhh. Can't wait to see the final round tomorrow!