We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing some Maui joy :)

Cloverdale, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Sharing some Maui joy :)

Just had to share a small bit of happiness with those who would truly understand...

I'm 65 days away from my third trip to Maui. On my second trip last January, my hubby came for his first time, and this upcoming trip we are bringing our kids to experience the joy of Maui. I've already had the sads in my head thinking, when will I get to Maui again after that?

Well my moms been saying she wished she could join us, but we are coming back halfway through her break week (she works for the school district). I love my mom but want this trip to be about my hubby and kids. So this morning I mentioned to her via text that we should go during her winter break next year (February) which is the best time to go because WHALES. She's totally on board! Yeah! That panic of 'when will I come back?' is gone. Phew!!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

Wishing you the best time ever with your family and mom, making memories to last a lifetime....or until the next time. Each trip is special! I hope you will use this forum for any questions you might have as your planning kicks into high gear! Yahoo goby! Deb

Level Contributor
34,723 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

Have a great time and happy planning! :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

That's awesome, Goby2k!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

"I've already had the sads in my head thinking, when will I get to Maui again..."

I can relate. It's like I go into panic mode if I don't have at least one Hawaii trip in my "Travel" folder. We'll be on Maui the week before you, and are planning 10 days on Kaua'i in September, but what then (I'm already asking myself)? So good for you, and it should be great fun both plan the trip and see Maui through your mom's eyes.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

Wonderful!!! A Maui plan in place...a dream to be fulfilled...a happy family!!!

Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

Yay! Its always nice to have the next trip in place, isn't it?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

I understand completely I wish I could talk my husband into every year well I did this year as we were there last June and will be back in May but after that our next trip to Hawaii probably won't be till our 30th in feb 2017.

At least we will get to see the whales again!!

I try to remind myself when I starting feeling sorry for myself how lucky I am to have visited 5 times already and that some people will never have the opportunity :-))

Congrats and happy planning with your mom!

Edited: 07 January 2014, 20:40
8. Re: Sharing some Maui joy :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 05:20