We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult only hotels

Metamora, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Adult only hotels

Are there any Adult only hotels on the island? I love kids, but as an elementary teacher I need a break from them on vacation. My husband would prefer a place with more of an adult focus, fun music, bars. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,616 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult only hotels

No adult only hotels that I know of. Hawaii is such a popular destination for families with children but there are some where there will be fewer children because of a lack of facilities that attract families with children, or the room size isn't big enough to accommodate more than a couple of people. The condo that we stay at has had very few children when we've been, but we haven't stayed during the busy school vacation times. And the condo next door is packed with families with young children, because of the pools.

One place that comes to mind that might work for you is Kaanapali Beach Hotel - tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60634-d101357-R…

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

When are you thinking of going and do you have an approximate nightly budget in mind?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,931 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult only hotels

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Gail!

<<any Adult only hotels on the island?>> No such animal. Hawaii isn't like the Caribbean or Mexico. And no all-inclusives to speak of, either.

To avoid kids ... 1) it depends on when you travel and 2) it depends on where you stay. Some resorts cater to kids and families with kids' programs and pools ... other do not.

If you provide us with your nightly accomodations budget, we can toss some ideas to you.

Metamora, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult only hotels

Thanks for your reply, we are going March 22--29- yes that is spring break, and it may have more children at this point. we looked at the one you suggested.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult only hotels

What is your nightly accommodations budget? South Maui has great hotels. One is the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. Probably the only hotel that doesn't have a lot of kids but during spring break, all bets are off!! That said, it will have less than any in Kaanapali.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,899 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult only hotels

When I was looking for condos in N. Kihei, I came across several that did not allow children, one owner even grilling me about my 19 year old. Do a VRBO search of N. Kihei and focus on 1 bedroom units and you'll probably find the same ones I did! Frankly, I often call Maui "baby island." Nearly everyone I know with babies chooses it as their vacation destination. You might opt for Oahu (not in Waikiki) or Kauai (but not Poipu, it too is very attractive to families with young ones).

Metamora, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult only hotels

Well it looks like I am off to Baby Island because we just booked at the Sheraton. Thanks so much for all the comments, if we go back to another island I will keep the information in mind..

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,055 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult only hotels

First rule...go find the adult pool at the Sheraton. We loved it!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,931 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult only hotels

<<<Well it looks like I am off to Baby Island because we just booked at the Sheraton. Thanks so much for all the comments, if we go back to another island I will keep the information in mind.>> I don't understand.

9. Re: Adult only hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21