We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahana unit opinion

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Mahana unit opinion

I think I've made the Mahana my top choice. Now the problem is selecting a unit. What are your opinions of this one, #1202?

http://www.vrbo.com/487844

This is for a Feb. 2015 visit. I know I'm a bit early, but it seems the choices for our desired week and budget are dwindling.

Thanks!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahana unit opinion

It looks great! The Mahana is the only place we've stayed (during our 4 visits) and we like it so much that we haven't looked elsewhere (and won't for future trips). In Feb. you probably won't want to leave the lanai because whale watching will be so good! We've stayed on the 12th floor - some people really like it, but I like to be on a lower floor...mostly because of my fear of heights.

I don't think you are early for Feb. next year - good idea to get the condo that you want.

The only thing it doesn't mention is payment method - I prefer paying by credit card, but some owners don't take it. Worth asking about though.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahana unit opinion

Thanks Susan. Heights make me nervous too, but my DH loves higher floors.

I did ask the owner about payments and he currently only takes checks. He did say he plans on setting up paypal soon.

Oakdale, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahana unit opinion

We just booked 1202 for March 2015 too! The last time we were in Maui we had a bad condo experience in Kahana. We rented through the hotel, and ended up with a gross condo. I am confident that we made a good choice this time! The owner does accept PayPal now.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahana unit opinion

We stayed in Mahana in March and LOVED it! The views are insane.

Stayed on a lower floor though.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahana unit opinion

We just got back home yesterday and we loved our stay at the Mahana...booked directly through them and was happy with our room on the 11th floor. Views are amazing and got to watch turtles from the lanai and the beach.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahana unit opinion

my parents are staying in this unit in June. Doug is very nice to work with. I'll report back when we return! They are super excited.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mahana unit opinion

Thanks everyone! I've already booked this unit, but any feedback would be great!

TnTWalker, I would really appreciate it if you could report back after your trip!

Holland, Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mahana unit opinion

Hi There! We are staying in this unit too in Late June (my husband and I only as an anniversary trip).

I'm looking forward to the stay and so far, Doug has been really great to work with.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mahana unit opinion

Thanks, rockast! Have a great trip! Do you plan on writing a trip report? Good to know that Doug has been good to work with. He's responded timely to the few email I've sent.

Holland, Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mahana unit opinion

I may, Right now I'm just trying to get my arms around my full itinerary.

If nothing else - I'll check back to this thread and let you know what I thought of the rental unit. I know that good information to have even if you've already booked.