We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old lahaina Luau seating

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Old lahaina Luau seating

If Ive read it well the Old Lahaina Luau is with a dinnerbuffet am I right? I was wondering how the seating are. I can read on the website that you have front places and you will sit on your knees. I prefer a table for sitting and eating but I was wondering how the view will be then? And do they bring you to a table? So I can just get something to eat and have my same seat? And sorry one last question how for in advance should I make a reservation? I can see you can make a reservation on internet. Do you pay with creditcard when you arrive?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,200 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

We were at the OLL in October and the view from our table was good. They lead you to the table and you keep that place for the evening. When it's time to eat, they will direct each table when it's time to go, so that it's done in an orderly fashion and you're not standing in a long line at the buffet.

I would make the reservation as far in advance as possible as I think that determines priority for seating. It's a large venue, so the closer to the stage, the better.

Sorry, I can't answer about the payment method as someone else in our group took care of those arrangements.

p.s. I agree with your choice of table & chairs vs. traditional (ground) seating.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 15:59
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

That sounds great! Are the views oke from the tables? We are both short so we don't want to pay for not seeing anything. What is far in advanced? We well go in juli/august.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
478 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

The Old Lahaina Luau is one of the few Luau show that is consistently in demand.

Your chances of getting seated at a table closer towards the front are better if you book early.

Some people have booked months in advance, so if you know your schedule, I would do it now.

We have gone several times and found that the seating had good views, even towards the back. The performers were on an elevated stage area.

If I recall, you pay online with a credit card... if you cancel they will refund.... but I do not know what would happen if you were to cancel at the last second.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

Yes, you can see from the tables, but as said, you get the best seats the earlier you reserve. Reservations are needed anyway because they do sell out. I'd do reservations as soon as you can.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,200 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

Mara - when you book, if there is an area to put in a special request, I would ask for seating at the end of the table closest to the stage. The grounds are tiered, so tables start one level above the ground seating area. That first row of tables would be the best place to be seated, and the best place at one of those tables would be the two seats closest to the stage. If you want to be even more specific - I would ask for seating at, or close to centre stage (you'll probably need to be quite early getting your reservation in for that request, but it doesn't hurt to ask).

The stage is round, and the seating is in a semi-circle around the stage - here's a photo to show the set up:

tripadvisor.ca/…87511052

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

If you book over the phone you don't pay until the day of the luau, if you book online you are charged immediately.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

Too bad i dont have a CC yet so i will wait untill i get one i guess

8. Re: Old lahaina Luau seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19