We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

Hello

We have never been to Hawaii and are planning a quick 8 days in November for my 40th. No kids with us so looking for a nice resort, minimal kids, beach cocktails, nice pool max $400 per night.........is this doable? I really want beachfront.

Many thanks in advance

1. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 11:09
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

The Sheraton might be an option. hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

When in November? (Thanksgiving is Nov. 27th and that week will likely be busier with families than earlier in the month.)

I'm not sure if beach cocktails are an option anywhere as all beaches are public and I'm pretty sure alcohol is prohibited on them.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

Disney09, this is the Maui board. I think you'll want to post on the general state of Hawaii board, unless you've already decided on Maui. Have you?

Maui does have lots of long, beautiful beaches and beachfront accommodations.

Also make sure you are not traveling during the American Thanksgiving holiday (week of 11/23). This week will be busy, more expensive, and have more families with kids around. Otherwise, kids will be minimal, because most will be in school during November. November is typically considered low season.

No alcohol is allowed on the beach, by law, so you won't be able to get drink service to your beach chair. By the pool, at a nice resort, yes. Literally on the beach, no.

You can discreetly bring your own mixed drinks to the beach. This is a little easier if you have a condo with a kitchen: fridge, knives, sink, blender, etc. However looks like you want a full service resort option with on site dining, pool service, room service, housekeeping service, etc.

Have you looked at flights yet? It is my understanding that Australian visitors usually take a morning flight home from HNL on Oahu. And it is recommended to stay one night in Honolulu at the end to make the flight home. Some choose to make this 1-2 days and go shopping as well.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

Wailea Marriiott. Older hotel in Wailea but nice grounds and very nice adult infinity pool with a great ocean view. Andaz is new and sometimes under $400. Chase/Hyatt is having a credit card promotion for free nights and it is easy to do at the Andaz. We snagged 4 free nights.

The Sheraton at Kaanapali might fit the bill as well.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,845 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

I'm personally not a big fan of Kaanapali. You will find the bulk of kids there!! I would recommend the Wailea Marriott or the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. Both these resorts sit above the beach with easy access.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
60,016 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

I disagree with Fuzz..............I don't think there's a bigger kid magnet than the GW! Lots of kids all over Kihei and Wailea's other resorts too-except perhaps the Makena and the new Andaz.

I would look hard at the new Andaz if you can manage it.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,958 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

I agree with SW's suggestions. They seem to have the least. There are lots of kids at all the hotel/resorts. I've stayed and visited many in Kaanapali and Wailea and they all have kids. If you avoid the Thanksgiving holiday, November should have less kids though.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,845 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

That is the reason I didn't suggest they go to the Grand Wailea!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

ok great...thanks for your advice. At this stage I'm looking at 6 nights maui and 2 nights Waikiki...or 5 and 3?? I was planning on leaving Hawaii on the 27th Nov - will I still get crowds that week for Tksgiving or should I avoid that week altogether?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on beachfront resort, no kids for Nov 2014

Travelled to Maui Thanksgiving week for years. There is a college BBall tournament and the holiday crowd. Usually empties out the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Between Thanksgiving and mid December is a slow time and from Oct to Thanksgiving week as well

I