We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Boston...
10 posts
Save Topic
where to stay?

We will be traveling to the Four Seasons Lanai for a Company trip of 4 nights and want to extend 2-3 nights on Maui. This will be in April of 2014. Our budget is $300-400 dollars. Have been to Oahu and Big Island and Lanai before, never Maui. Would like to relax and sight see. Thanks for any suggestions on what to do and where to stay.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

Are you planning on renting a car? I hope so. Look at the Hyatt the Westin and the Sheraton along Kaanapali Beach, gorgeous beach and walkable to Whaler's Village for shopping and dining.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

Also Andaz, Grand Wailea and Wailea Marriot in south Maui. You could probably get a rate at Makena Beach and Golf Resort. Just be aware it is fairly far south. Used to go by the name of "Last Resort", but gets good reviews

United States
Level Contributor
880 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

I don't know anything about the rooms at the Kaanapali Sheraton but I know I love it's location, pools and pool drinks. I actually prefer the Honua Kai a couple miles north because it's a condo (in a hotel atmosphere) with all the best furnishings. Duke's is onsite and you can get poolside food & drink service as well.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay?

Since you are staying in south Maui at the beginning would you like to be in a different area of Maui? I would try something in the Kapalua/Napili area.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay?

Welcome to TripAdvisor, hammer!

I would ... talk with the Four Seasons. Since your company is meeting at one of their properties on Lanai ... perhaps they have a package (or deal) for you to spend extra nights at the Four Seasons on Maui? I've done alot of conference planning ... and this may be the case!

If not - Sheraton Maui on Ka'anapali Beach is my favorite.

If you scroll down and click on the property name, you'll see and aerial photo of the resort. I generally disregard their commentary.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay?

Thanks for all the information, and so quick!! I am definitely going to talk with the Four Seasons to see if they have any deals for us on Maui. I know we can extend on Lanai for a great price...which we are considering as well. When you go on the Company trip there is never enough time to do all you want to do. We will be renting a car if we stay on Maui to make the best use of our time. I love to sit on the beach but can only take so much of that sun. Want to do some hiking for sure. If you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay?

Yes I would also want to talk to FS before doing anything further... a couple of points on the above... Sheraton has the prime spot at Blackrock, but the rooms are small and it is overpriced for what it is, you are of course paying for location. No longer should the Makena Beach Resort be referred as golf anything as there is no longer any public golf in Makena.

If you're out exploring a lot of the day how much do you want in a resort? AKA how far below FS can you handle?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay?

Hammer - there is a ton of things to see and do on Maui. Pick up a good travel guidebook for the Island ... and a good map. Many of the Maui guidebooks include Lanai, BTW.

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay?

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I have already ordered the Maui Revealed book, I have those for the Big Island and Oahu and enjoyed them. We are now thinking of just staying on Lanai the extra few to really check out that Island. The last time we were there, probably 5 years ago we didn't do much more than the Company stuff and spent our extra time on Oahu. Had family living there at the time.

So confused on what the best thing to do is with such little time. Can't stay too long as we are leaving our kids home.

Thinking of staying a couple of nights up at Keole and doing the 4x4 thing and hiking. Thoughts??

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay?

If you haven't explored Lanai and won't have time during the rest of your stay, I say do it. Last March we stayed and explored Lanai and still want to go back and do more. It is a beautiful place! I do recommend getting the Hummer rather than the jeep. You can't go everywhere in a jeep, but you can in the Hummer