We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
748 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Keep checking those rates- mine had not budged in a while and today it dropped for February rental- already planning what I can spend the saved dollars on...malasadas...shave ice...mai tais.. Many thanks to Discount Hawaii Cat Rentals!

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Lucky! Still checking and waiting for mine to drop.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
748 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Yes, and just to clarify- we will be renting a car- not a cat....

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,623 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Thanks for letting me know not to give up....lol! I wouldn't but there had been no movement for the end of March. Ugh! Happy for you and do check every day. I do irregardless cause when it starts to drop, it can drop every single day! I love that . Deb

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
748 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Deb- we leave in 4 weeks from today and it is the first budge in a while and I think because it is that 4 week marker it has started to move- don't give up!!

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Claudia you are a few days ahead of me so there is still hope!

33 days and counting.

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
260 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Thanks for the tip, saved enough to cover a lunch for two. Money in MY pocket!

Cloverdale, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Thank you! I just checked for my march reservation and it was almost $20 cheaper! That's a trip to Ululanis :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
496 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Deb mine dropped for the end of March when I looked earlier today- we originally booked in September and I had not been regularly checking so that could be why yours have not (if I recall we're arriving the same time). I rebooked but I'm definitely going to keep checking more between now and then!

It only dropped by $20 but as I think I saw on another thread - that's about 4 mai tai's :)

Lisa

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

Or 4 smoothies, right Deb? My Maui res only dropped $20 today, but Kaua'i is first and that dropped $80. Hopefully yours will go down in a week or so, and mine will drop even more!

Edited: 23 January 2014, 02:56
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,623 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Car Rental just dropped for next month!

I am Budget through Costco and I got lucky with a decent price a couple months ago, but compare to what I know it could be....not good at all. Maui for eight nights is $355 and Kauai for eight nights is $265. In the old days, I might have just went ahead and prepaid to "have that expense covered.....OMG!!! Thank you forum members for teaching me to be smart right up until the night before we leave I will religiously look at the reservation every single day!

On our last fall trip, there was a point when the price dropped at least $20 every day for over two weeks! I went from over $800 for 18 nights on Maui down to $284! The November trip was eight nights for $184 and we scored a Lincoln town car by being very, very nice at the counter and being FB really helped too. Oh yeah and mentioning my mom really needing a four door car cause she is 75 years old!

Mai tais, smoothies and do not ever forget the lilikoi cheesecake from Stillwells.......it is so worth it to check on those car rental prices to have more FUN $$$ on Maui. Good luck to you all and March is looking to be a fun time on Maui!

Imkucala........64 days is the countdown number I think! The whales better stick around for us late arrivers! Deb