We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing lessons

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing lessons

My husband and I will be in Kihei in mid-April (before Easter). He is way more adventurous than I am and would like to try surfing. Last year when we were on Maui our teenagers took lessons with Maui WaveRiders and we were really pleased. Not big enough waves there for my husband though! He would like to try somewhere with bigger waves but still be in a lesson-type environment. He's very athletic and picks up most things quickly. Any suggestions? We have a car so locations anywhere on the island are fine.

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
Lessons & Workshops, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Maui Surfer Girls
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Rivers To The Sea
Sports Camps & Clinics, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing lessons

Your husband has never surfed but he wants bigger waves? That reminds me of some people in our family. It doesn't work that way but don't know if you can convince him :)

I've seen lessons being given at Kamehameha Iki Park in Lahaina and the waves looked good.

2. Re: Surfing lessons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:19