We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advance reservations

hudson valley,ny
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
advance reservations

I will be in Maui Sept. 26th thru Oct. 4th. We would like to do a day trip to Lanai and also double book a over night in Hana at the Travaasa. Would I need to reserve the ferry and the room in advance or could I booked them once I'm in Maui and decide when we want to go?

Thank you,

Doreen

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advance reservations

In late September, early October things are a bit slower as the summertime family crowds have gone home to get the kids in school. Nonetheless, if those are important activities for you, go ahead and book your reservation in advance so you are sure you don't miss out.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advance reservations

I think you can hold off on the Lanai trip until you get there - we just did it this past October. For the Hana Hotel however I'd book sooner rather than later.

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,093 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advance reservations

You are wanting to do the ferry to Lanai and explore on your own? You may not need to worry about the ferry, but if you are wanting to rent a vehicle there, they are limited in numbers! Not sure how busy they would be, given the time of year, but something to consider.

On the other hand, if you are just going to wander over to Manele Bay and spend the day snorkeling, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,044 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advance reservations

Definitely book Hana in advance.

Perhaps consider a catamaran sail to Lanai ...? That would need an advance reservation as well. I agree with J0an above about the car reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
936 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advance reservations

We booked the ferry 1 week before we wanted to go (you can only book on-line).

http://www.go-lanai.com/

We had already taken the day tour to Lanai via Trilogy (which was awesome), but wanted to spend more time at Hulopoe Bay. It is only a 10 minute walk to the beach from where the marina is located. We did carry our gear, but enjoyed a fabulous day!

to-hawaii.com/lanai/beaches/hulopoe-beach.php

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
6. Re: advance reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:19