We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying liquor at Costco without membership

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,108 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Buying liquor at Costco without membership

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g609129-i10595-k708…

Check out the link in post #19.

There is a very interesting article about buying liquor at Costco, and you do NOT need to be a member. Hawaii is one of four States that are listed, that allow you to enter a Costco to purchase liquor without having a membership. Of course, it also states that some employees are not aware of this policy, and you may need to call supervisor. They have to put in some "temporary" number for you in order to complete the transaction.

It may be more bother than it is worth, but for anyone who is after some amazing prices (compared to what we pay at home in Canada), it may be worth a visit.

And thanks to Wanderlust for supplying this information.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying liquor at Costco without membership

Thanks J0an!

I was unaware of that.

If one needs a top brand name, COSTCO or Sam's Club only have top brands.

If any brand will do, Long's always has good sales. Even though I was a Costco member when I lived on Oahu, I never bought any liquor or beer there. Always bought the cheaper brands.

2. Re: Buying liquor at Costco without membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 02:55
D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying liquor at Costco without membership

Thanks Joan!

Not sure if it is worth it just for the wine - but definitely will keep it in mind

4. Re: Buying liquor at Costco without membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:21