We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite beach and why?

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Topic
What is your favorite beach and why?

2 weeks from now I will be in the air on my way to Maui.

We will be staying West and South this trip. I want to compile a list of beaches so we don;t end up wandering aimlessly.

Which brings me to my question - What is your favorite beach and why? Can be a snorkelling beach, a sitting beach, a people watching beach.

Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,094 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Laniupoko is one of mine. Great calm and surf zones both, facilities, easy to reach, most often no wind all day long.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g609129-d6…

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,680 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Oneloa is one of my favorites to just watch the ocean. Not usually that busy because not a safe beach to swim in a lot of the time,but pretty and close to where we stay.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Just what I was looking for - thanks and keep them coming.

John - we are staying right next to Keawakapu Beach so that is easy enough!

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Travelbugged - when I google Oneloa beach it shows one in Makena and one in Kapalua area - which one are you referring to?

Thanks

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

I love Po'olenalena Beach for boogie boarding, swimming, less crowds, great parking, snorkeling and privacy! Deb

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Great beach for walking and you can continue south up on to the coast walkway. It is a paved walkway that takes you along the water in front of all the resorts in Wailea. We make a morning of it sometimes and walk all the way down to the Fairmont Kea Lani and do some resort hoping along the way. Many times you can see turtles eating in the shallow rocky area in front of the Marriott Wailea.

There is a good snorkel reef right out in front of the Mana Kai and down the beach at Ulua beach

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,680 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

It is in Kapalua. Some people call it Ironwoods also, but Oneloa is the official name. It is part of the Coastal trail also. The path goes from Kapalua Bay past Oneloa and you can take it all the way to DT Fleming.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 16:10
Level Contributor
34,732 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Kapalua Beach in the early morning! :)

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite beach and why?

Thanks Travelbugged - the Kapalua Coastal trail is on my list for one of the days we are staying at Mahana. Figured the trail walk, DT Flemings, Blowhole, Binky's etc and topping the day with happy hour at Merriman's