We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

Hi, I have been researching KBH and cannot find the answer to the best wing of KBH. My hubby and I booked a partial ocean view (thought it would be pretty to see some green along with the ocean). Wondering if we should upgrade to an ocean view? What wings are recommended?

Thanks...getting excited....

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

Lynn.....we stayed there this past fall for a couple nights. We originally booked partial ocean view and then decided we preferred the full front ocean in our face room. So happy we paid the extra $76 total and we were on the fifth floor in the Kauai wing. Gorgeous, beautiful views of ocean and beach. Very happy we upgraded. Enjoy your stay.

We loved it but will admit, condo style vacationing is more our vibe. Our TV was flat screen, room upgraded and a comfy feel with Hawaiian decor but not tacky, Just very comfy and a totally comfortable bed!!! I will remember that because our previous visit we had a bed for 16 nights that was horrible. Deb

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

The best ones are on the end of the north end of the hotel. These are ocean front and all you have to do us step over the low hedge and onto the beach

Maui
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

I stayed ocean front in the Molokai wing. Had a first floor unit. Their lanais are approx. 3 feet off of the ground, so you can't just walk out. I thought it made it a touch more private. I don't think this wing has an elevator if that is a concern. Room was nice. I will say my friend went last summer and she said her room smelled musty. Sorry I don't know what wing it was, not Molokai.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 22:22
La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

We are staying here in May and are also curious about the rooms. Any others have thoughts?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

Snorkellady - when we stay @ KBH, we always stay in an Oceanfront room in the Molokai building and the lanais are ground floor, so you walk out of your sliding glass door onto the lawn. Are you sure your room was in the "ocean front" category .... ?

Edited: 15 February 2014, 22:02
North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

You know, this is going to sound weird, but I adore that musty smell! It always reminds me of tropical hotels. Even here in my apartment building in Vancouver, the lower parking level floor has this musty smell, and I just stand there and breathe it in.....it reminds me of Hawaii!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

The Kauai wing faces North/NE and also has oceanfront rooms, the Lanai wing faces N/NW and is further from the ocean, and the Maui wing faces direct West. Lower floors on the Maui wing have a raised sleeping area to maximise the view, but other wings are standard ground level. The Molokai wing is the oldest, has no elevator, but is the most northern building. We enjoyed the Maui wing with views of the grounds, the ocean, and listening to the show from our lanai. Looking at the website you can see the layout and the photos of the rooms will not be an 'oversell' what you see is what you see. The only sort of warning I have is that the cheapest room often face the Whaler next door and that should be a totally individual consideration - if view is important to you then book what it is that you want and I also suggest booking direct. Even a ground floor room that faces the lawn are nearly all a glimpse of ocean.

Maui
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

Sorry I am late to the party. It was definitely the Molokai wing. I thought we were on the first floor. Maybe it was the second. My mind is just going senior moment lately. I do remember the bushes that someone else mentioned.

9. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19