We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

For those of you on island Feb 21, there is a concert at MACC that is going to be a real doozy. Kahulanui plays swing style music and I swear when we saw them two years ago they made my face hurt - the grin was big - and Lolena was telling us their plans, their story - his grandfather played in the Royal Hawaiian Band . Tough to sit still when they get started, hard to not be happy, and I find them highly enjoyable. I'm so happy they are advancing in their career and the album is great.

www.mauiarts.org/…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzspEHgybFA

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

That sounds like it would be an amazing evening of music and just disappointed it happens before our arrival at the end of March. Thanks for the youtube link! I am now checking the MACC calendar for shows when we will be there. I am so hoping we get lucky! Deb

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

Well, I guess there are worse ways to spend a rainy NW day - how about all day Hawaii music videos? Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. So, Deb, I know the music will find you. You are going in a few short weeks and I know you will have a great time, regardless.

We were so tickled to see these guys are getting out there, when we saw them two years ago at King's Marketplace on Island of Hawaii - he told us the management was uncertain as to how their music would go over. The place was hopping - now they have been Grammy nominated and a West Coast tour. I think they are infectious in this lively style, the way back times and the whole shebang.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 13:39
D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

Sounds great. Too bad it is just a few days before we arrive.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

Two bands we are always chasing are the Royal Hawaiian Band

and the Military Band of the Pacific.

Glad to here of a new one.

5. Re: Music with a differnt Beat - Swing over to MACC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:16