We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car Rental

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alamo Car Rental

I have a full size car reserved next week. I was wondering what kind of car I can expect for a "full size".

I was able to get it for $160.00 for the week (this includes taxes) through Costco in January. Haven't seen anything even close since then. Not sure if was a pricing error or what.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,736 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Car Rental

We had an Impala from Alamo in October - the full size was less expensive than a mid-size and we had golf clubs, so it worked out well for us. Our rate was slightly less - $300. for 16 days, but October would normally be a lower price than Feb/Mar. ... I think you got a good rate for this time of year; maybe not an error, but perhaps just that it's not as popular as the smaller size vehicles, convertibles and SUV's.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Car Rental

We were on Maui 2/3 - 2/14, and rented thru DHCR with Alamo ~ got Chevy Impala.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Car Rental

We have had the Impala also.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Car Rental

Just picked up our car at Alamo yesterday and they had a row of cars in each size class. They told us to pick whichever one we wanted. We have a compact but it seemed like each had a few models to choose from. Also, first time with Alamo thru DHCR and it was the fastest most efficient getaway from the airport ever!

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Car Rental

It's usually been an Impala for us but I believe they carry 1 or 2 other models in full size. It's a good thing you booked in advance because their rates almost tripled yesterday at least for the first half of March.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo Car Rental

Through DHCR, rates went down with Alamo yesterday for March. and I was able to get an Intermediate SUV cheaper than a mid size car. I saw full size went down also. Bigger vehicles were cheaper than the small.

California
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo Car Rental

Unless you need the extra room I wouldn't rent a full size in Hawaii. Parking in many area's is tight and being able to fit into smaller spaces will make your trip that much easier not to mention cheaper on gas. Also, your much more prone to door dents in a full size that your rental company is going to charge you for.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo Car Rental

Did anyone rent an economy car? I planned to rent an economy car with four doors.

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo Car Rental

If DHCR's prices went down yesterday they must have been very high to start with. I just did a check and they're more than $400 higher than what I got directly at Alamo a few weeks ago (higher everywhere now though - supply & demand).

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo Car Rental

Alamo yesterday and today for 10 days in March intermediate SUV $290 including all taxes and fees, the mid size car was at $322