We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's official!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
It's official!

I have not been on in quite a while since our last trip to Maui was March 2013 (forever ago!). We were not sure if we would make a 2014 trip because we are planning a trip for 8 (paying for air fare, food and lodging for all) in 2015 for our 15 year anniversary and vow renewal.

We finally did the math and "educated" ourselves on the Hawaiian miles card and miles earned and......We have our trip for October booked!

When we go in 2015 the total out of pocket air fare for 8 people will be less than $1800.00.

We will never have to pay for air fare to Maui again!

Super excited, cant wait!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's official!

Yeah! It's always a good decision to plan another trip to Maui!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It's official!

You may already know this but if you grab a couple of Citibank American Airlines cards you can use the bonus miles on HA and Alaska Air. We do that every fall with 6 people. Cost me only $1000. Great job congrats

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,109 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's official!

Yippee! Are you heading to the Surfside, or going to try somewhere else this time?

Have you been heading to Scottsdale and Coconut's lately???

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's official!

That's great Maryann so glad you are able to go in October. Do you know where you are going to stay yet?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's official!

Woohoo! Yippee! And hooray!!!

That sounds like some great deal you got. Does everyone in your group have the HA miles card?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's official!

Not Surfside, I had a less than positive experience with a non refund of a deposit so we may not go back :-(

We have been staying on the West side and love it. In October we are staying at Napili Shores http://www.vrbo.com/96997. We met some friends via Trip Advisor Maui forum who live here in AZ locally and will be travelling with them in October.

Yes both hubby and I have HA miles card. We also have Alaska Airlines Visa's for the family traveling from Portland next year. May have to check into the Citibank AA card too!

Nonetheless, EVERYONE we purchase tickets for WILL transfer their miles traveled to us hahahahaha :)

So excited to say we will be able to go this year and then 6 months after that. The goal is every 6 months.

We also already have the condo's for the April 2015 trip booked. We will be staying at the Paki Maui in a condo the owner of the Napili Shores owns. Super excited, hubby and I have been saying all day "were going to Maui" to each other.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's official!

Oh Joan, yes Coconuts! Sometimes once a week, we know the owner quite well and enjoy chatting with him every time we go in.

The mahi is just as good as on Maui, so happy to have a little slice of heaven for our taste buds right here in AZ.

For those of you in TX, Coconuts will be opening several (I think 7 or 8) this year and then CA is next!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's official!

Ooh that's one of the oceanfront units at Napili Shores looks very nice!

Is the condo at Paki Maui big enough for all of you or are you staying in separate condos at the same complex in 2015?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It's official!

Two separate units at Paki Maui. Even if there was one big enough, DH and I would opt for our own private "get away" from the craziness of 3 grandchildren! Hahahaha we love them to pieces but sometimes enough is enough (boy I sure can tell I am getting older).

Our unit, as I mentioned is owned by the same owner we are renting from at Napili Shores. http://www.vrbo.com/97420

The condo for my daughter, husband and three kids plus my son is http://www.vrbo.com/295364.

And our friends from AZ will be joining us on that trip as well and they are staying in http://www.vrbo.com/330040.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It's official!

Congratulations, maryann, I'm so excited for you!!