We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'o Farm to Table Tipping

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
O'o Farm to Table Tipping

So tipping is obviously required at restaurants and I understand that. But what about these farm to table experiences where they show you around the farm, and then serve you food? It's like a tour with a eating component. The experience per person is $50. How would you tip this? 15% on top of $50? or 15% on what you think the food portion costs? Not a big deal, but curious to know what is the custom for these situations.

Thanks all!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

This is a great question! I am planning on doing this tour as well. I know that on snorkel boats and whale watches tipping is encouraged. Does anyone have advice on this? thx!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

This is a great question! I am planning on doing this tour as well. I know that on snorkel boats and whale watches tipping is encouraged. Does anyone have advice on this? thx!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

We did the O'o Farm tour the only place I saw a tipping jar was where the chef was preparing the food we stuck a $20 bill in it.

By the way we enjoyed the tour and the food the farm mgr. who gives the tour us very knowledgable and passionate about the sustainable practices they use to grow all sorts of things there.

We also met some nice people from Seattle to talk to while enjoying our meal they were headed on to Japan after Maui.

Seattle
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

We did this tour yesterday, and they did gently remind us that the gratuity was not included with the meal price. We left $20 in the jar near the buffet table. Was a great meal and lots of fun. Don't forget to bring a bottle of wine to have with the meal if you are so inclined. There will be a salad, a fish dish, and a tofu dish ( which was especially amazing). Also, be prepared for cool conditions and dress accordingly.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

Oh yeah I forgot the BYOB that's what we did.

We were there last June so not too cool or hot just right.

They have good coffee there after the meal with handmade truffles, you can also buy the coffee there expensive but good we bought a French press to make it in.

6. Re: O'o Farm to Table Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:17