We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

Hi everyone!

We have 9 more days before we leave for Maui and we are beyond excited!

Anyway, DH and I have a reservation with Enterprise car rental thru DHCR. I have been reading posts about joining car rental membership/loyalty programs to get accelerated service when going to the car rental place.

Does anybody have any experience with Enterprise?

Does it help to join their loyalty program? I think membership is free. My husband is the primary driver but we have the "spouse drives free" promotion so I was planning to join the membership under my name if it really helps. Since DH is the primary driver, does the membership have to be in his name?

Are there really long lines in Enterprise? or is it just Dollar, Budget and other car rental places?

Thanks,

Xanthine

California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

Yes the membership fee is free but you have to be a certain level status of past rentals in order to get benefits like that. The simply thing to do is have one person stay at the airport in order to claim bags and have the other person (driver) run straight over to the rental car shuttle and be one of the first in line. All very easy and by the time you have your car the rest of your party will be waiting for you.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 18:32
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

The loyalty card membership and reservation names need to match (at least with the one company that I've had experience using a loyalty card with). The credit card will also need to match. So if you've made the reservation in your husband's name, then both loyalty and CC's should have his name. You can each have a loyalty card, but be sure that you don't make a reservation in your name and try to use his loyalty card or cc (I've run into that snafu).

To add a loyalty membership to a reservation that you've made with DHCR, you'll need to contact Enterprise.. but I would ask them to confirm that it won't affect your booking in any way.

p.s. Clint - just saw your post re being at a certain level to get benefits. Would a new member not be eligible for the 'fast' lane?

Edited: 01 March 2014, 18:49
California
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

I know my Enterprise membership doesn't allow me anything extra yet. Although I prefer Enterprise, I usually go with the cheapest price that I can find so that's why I don't have a higher status with Enterprise.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 18:53
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

Thank you all for your responses :)

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

We just rented at enterprise in Maui and didn't notice a seperate line for plus members but it was 9:00 at night and we were the only ones there. You can always have one person go for the car and one stay for the luggage because at Enterprise the spouse drives free and doesn't have to sign the rental agreement if they're over 25 :)

6. Re: Enterprise plus? Do you get priority when checking in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:18