We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant in Maalaea

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
Save Topic
New restaurant in Maalaea

Well it's new to us but it's been open since December. It's called Saltimboca and serves authentic Italian food made with locally grown ingredients. The chef is from Italy. We went for lunch today and the food and service were excellent. Very nice views of the harbor and Haleakala from the outdoor tables. I'm adding it to my ever growing list of favorite restaurants in Maui.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

Is it where the old Waterfront was? Was it very expensive or medium mid range priced? Love Italian food. Deb

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

It replaced another restaurant. I don't know which one. Prices for lunch were medium. The pasta is all house made.

antioch
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

yup, it replaced The Waterfront, reviews are pretty strong for a newly opened restaurant.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

Yahoo! I am sorry the Waterfront is gone cause we enjoyed that restaurant, but glad another place is there and no more empty building. I hope we have time to give it a try. I get so frustrated not having time to eat literally everywhere......thanks for the heads up. Homemade pasta is wow. Deb

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

What is really sad is the loss of the original Waterfront. That was a classic. I figured the new one would not make it. Too much like so many others. We went to it once out of loyalty to the original when it opened and found it mediocre, a whole new gig. We used to go to the original for years and never had a bad meal or not a night of fun with the folks who worked there for years. It was like going back in time

6. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 17:08
7. Re: New restaurant in Maalaea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28