We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Maui

College Station...
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Maui

My fiancé and I are headed to Maui on our 7 day Honeymoon at the end of October. We are currently trying to figure out where to stay. We have looked at lots of places and have narrowed it down to either staying in South Maui at the Fairmont or Andaz or staying in West Maui at the Westin. We are planning on staying there 5 days then traveling over to Hana and staying at the Traavasa for 2 days. We are trying to stay at about $400 a day for lodging. Any Suggestions on how to pick between south and west maui? Also any suggestions on must see attractions?

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

What kind of activities do you like and what is your age group? The Andaz is new and has had very good reviews on here. My preference however is west maui so I would pick the westin on kaanapali beach. I am mid thirties and like crowds and noise and staying out late. South maui is too quiet and ritzy for my taste. Just depends on what you like. You will get mixed reviews.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

The Westin is at least one step down from the hotels in Wailea. There maybe a bit more of a happening vibe in Kaanapali, it just depends on what you are looking for. The Andaz and Fairmont are a few minutes drive from Kihei where you will find more going on. Have fun at the Travaasa!!

Take a look around this web-site for activities. Menu's on the top of the page and Top Questions on the right.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Chase/Hyatt still has a free night promotion. if you sign up for a Chase/Hyatt credit card and spend $1000 you get 2 free nights at any Hyatt worldwide including the Andaz. My wife and I did that with 2 cards and have 4 free nights at the Andaz this May. I would think with a wedding/honeymoon coming up might be able to spend that and get something for it

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,946 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

First - count your nights, not your days. 6 nights?

If you want to stay in South Maui, your choices would be OK. If you want to stay in West Maui, you don't want the Westin. It's noisy, it has no grounds per se, it's a kid magnet ... I could go on. The Sheraton Maui is a much better resort and a much better location - but still an easy walk along the beach path to Whaler's Village. The Hyatt is another good option, but they've got construction underway ... and I don't know how complete it will be at that time.

I would only take one night in Hana. And the rest I would stay in West Maui/Ka'anapali (Sheraton).

If you are unclear on what you want to see and do ... perhaps you should take a better look at your activities before deciding on a resort. Do you have a good travel guidebook for Maui? A good map? If you scroll down the Maui Forum, you'll see that we talk about accommodations and activities, including restaurants, all the time.

5. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:20