We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

We'll be getting married at the Hotel Wailea on a Saturday evening at 5:30. The ceremony is private, just the 2 of us. We are looking for a romantic place to have dinner that night. I'd like to stay in my dress (elegant and full length but not so huge that it will be a problem) and he in his suit. We've thought about maybe a dinner cruise, a private dinner on the beach, but we are happy to visit a restaurant as well.

Any suggestions?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Congrats in advance! I would consider staying there-and eating at Capische? or, going to Gannon's. Nick's Fishmarket, or Sarento's.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,063 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Welcome to Trip Advisor too!

I can't add anything to sw's great list, but wanted to add my congratulations too!

Dinner cruise is a bad option, for getting on the boat in your dress, and it just isn't fun to eat off your lap, or using paper plates.

antioch
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

We had a 5:30 sunset wedding at Po'olenalena Beach, then afterwards went to Nick's Fishmarket for our dinner for 2. another Bride and Groom showed up about 10 minutes after we did, a lot of marrying going on! (my bride was the best looking woman in the restaurant.)

:)

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Unless you have some reason that would preclude you from dining at the wedding venue, I'd go with SW's first suggestion.

Given the fact that you're tying the knot on site, I believe you'll fare well with being granted a specific location request, for which I would choose the corner table out on the lanai -- this one (link): capische.com/themes/capische_v1/photos/Image…

Alo)(a & congratulations, NKO

Edited: 17 March 2014, 11:18
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Fereros at the Four Seasons is a nice ocean view resturant and there is a great open air lobby bar with local music

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

We ate at Capische. We found the portions small, expensive and salty. My wife who is an excellent cook commented to the waiter. His response was "chef likes to experiment with salt". I thinking great let him come over and eat it. We would not go back

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Some dinner cruises do have tables and regular tableware but I wouldn't want to get on a boat in a wedding gown!! If you are looking for a private dinner (not actually ON the beach as that is not allowed) you might want to contact one of the Wailea Hotels.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,216 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

Thanks for the photo, NKO.

I haven't heard complaints about Capische?, John. I, too, hate it when the salt shaker has evidently fallen into the food.

Gannon's is also on a hill overlooking Wailea and the ocean -- less pricey, and still a very pretty venue. (Country Club ambiance.) Sarento's is good food and right on the water, but a less than impressive entrance behind a cheap motel. Five Palms is a pretty room on Keawakapu Beach (also outdoor seating), but food varies. Lots of choices in Wailea hotels.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

My vote is for Gannon's. That is where my husband and I had dinner after our private wedding ceremony in Makena back in 2000 (I think it use to be called the Seahouse then?). They put us at the best table they had overlooking the grounds and even though it was past sunset it was still beautiful. We did have a reservation.

Level Contributor
36,182 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dinner after wedding for just the 2 of us

The food on the dinner cruises is not good. I would go with one of the previously suggested restaurants. Congratulations to you both! :).

Edited: 19 March 2014, 16:15