We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Can't find the info on their website anywhere and fill a bit silly calling them to find out. Don't want to drag mine along if I don't have to.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
556 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Ours had a dryer, but I'd still check directly with the resort.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Ok, thanks. Decided to just text them and they said all the rooms to come with blowdryers, plus the little shampoos etc. as well as you can ask the daily maid for detergent if needed. Good to know as we've only stayed in hotel rooms before and never a condo.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

First year we went I brought my blow dryer, never used it. This year - didn;t even bother. Maui is just that kind of a laid back place.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Our unit had dryers as well but like DP, my daughter and wife never touched 'em. You'll love the Alii!

Sheldon

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

Yep, the Ka'anapali Ali'i is really a lovely place! Can't imagine them not having hair dryers in every unit, but alway good to check. :-)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,425 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

It's called "Maui hair", and I hope you are able to embrace it after your first day there. Between the beach, sand, the wind, that glorious wind, the ocean, the pool, we just don't care about the hair! You are on holiday!

But... the only time my hair ever sees the blow dryer is when I get my hair cut at the salon every two or three months.

Enjoy your stay there. I have heard it is very nice!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

NOT a silly question at all... I am with DP, only it took me two trips to figure out I should have left mine at home... and for some dang reason I brought a curling iron to Maui... what?!? Joan is so right about Maui Hair, I LOVE it, your hair feels so soft from the salt water and Pacific Breeze, I actually figured out how to dry my hair with a little travel brush on the beach and in the car by utilizing the great breeze, necessity is the mother of invention. :)

Have a great trip and if you want to use a hair dryer, go for it, but if you can find that happy place where you don't care anymore, ...pure bliss!

~littlered

8. Re: Silly Question - Blowdryers at Kaanapali Alii?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18