We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more week till Maui!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
One more week till Maui!

It has been 10 years since our last trip! I can't believe its almost time to leave the cold rainy Pacific Northwest and head to Maui!!! We have been counting down and planning since August! I appreciate each and everyone of the trip reports on this forum! Your pictures, experiences, and opinions have helped the time pass so much quicker for me!! My husband, son, and myself are spending 5 days at the Honua Kai, and 7 days at the Sands of Kahana. I have my Premium Car booked through Costco (Alamo), free map from Air Maui, reservations at Dukes and Humu through open table, golf for my boys at Wailea Gold, massage at Spa Grande for myself, and the list goes on...

I seriously can't explain to you all how much I love this forum! Thank you again! :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more week till Maui!

Wow Ange.......ten years is a long time to wait to be back and I really understand your excitement. It took me 33 years between my first visit, as a young adult and the second one over five years ago. Now we cannot get enough. Seriously. Sounds like we arrive very close to each other and I am so happy it is tough to think! Have a wonderful vacation!

While you are on Maui, this forum can provide real time answers to any questions you might have. I hope you trip report whenever possible because we would love to hear about your vacation. Deb

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,374 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more week till Maui!

Yeah! So glad you are getting to come back! Definitely do a report! It is so good to see how different people travel and make things work.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One more week till Maui!

Deb ~ I can NOT concentrate at work that's for sure! I have been planning for SO long that I really feel like we are ready.... my excitement I can't contain any longer! Everyone sees it on my face and its all I think about. My husband and I are celebrating our 15 year anniversary as well I hope you have a wonderful vacation too and I look forward to your trip reports :) ~Angie

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more week till Maui!

Congrats on your anniversary! We will celebrate 32 years on the first and it is very special to be on Maui. Enjoy every minute of this wait and savor the anticipation. Try not to be overwhelmed when you step off the plane. It will be so nice to have 12 long days. You will be able to mix relaxation with activity and making amazing family memories! Enjoy! Deb

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,774 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more week till Maui!

I love reading about your excitement in your post! It would be fun to read about your trip, and see what you remember about Maui from your last visit there.

Hope you have a nice place booked for your anniversary. Mama's, Merriman's, maybe Gannon's? Whatever you choose to do, have a wonderful celebration!

And have you packed the binoculars? Enjoy the whales!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One more week till Maui!

Thanks again Deb!! My husband LOVES snorkeling and I know we will be spending a ton of time at the beach! I still can't decide what kind of underwater camera to get - there is so many more options than there was 10 years ago! I am also trying to decide whether to pack my DSLR or not... we are only taking carry-ons so I don't know if I want the extra weight.

J0an - my husband specifically requested Humus for our anniversary dinner and I have a reservation for that. I booked it weeks ago. It will be at the end of the day after my spa treatments and their golf. SUPER excited about that day the most :)

7. Re: One more week till Maui!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34