We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Finished my blog from Wednesday. Spent the whole day on Kapalua Beach and snorkeled several times. Fish, turtles, eels and octopus....we had it all! Ended with another fabulous sunset.

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Probably will have to do yesterday (a fabulous whale watch) and today when I get home since we leave. Am so lucky I get to return in less than a week for an "adult" trip with the hubby.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

where did you rent your chairs and ubrella?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Once again, your photos are stunning. You have such a talent for photographing underwater life and it is a treat that you share what you see with us. Your kiddo is looking gorgeous and grown up. I'm sorry I won't get to meet her next week, but look forward to this summer! Safe travels home to both of you. And yes, nice that you two girls had a cabana day during your girls trip. Now you get to look forward to time on Maui with David.......and my crazy family! Lol....,Deb

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,353 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Gorgeous pictures! You are one lucky lady!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Deepwater guy- There is a beach shack on Kapalua Beach that you can rent from...it is for the Kapalua residences/villas/and the Ritz...BUT they rent to anyone as long as they have extra.

Thank you Deb..look forward to meeting your crazy family also!!!

Yes Mamma...I am very lucky!!!! :)

Edited: 21 March 2014, 17:02
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Wonderful fishie photos! I was curious though, how many turtles were involved in the making of this blog? It looks like at least two different ones.

Enjoy your last day with Rena, and hopefully there won't be too much snow left when you get home.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Amazing fish photos. Love snorkeling Kapalua. I have never seen an octopus there :( I need to keep my eyes peeled better. Loving your blog!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Thanks for the pictures, you both do a magnificent job!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

May I ask you what kind of underwater camera you have? Your pics are gorgeous!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

Thanks Joan! 1 turtle different times..I believe. She likes to hang out in the same spot but we check it out because a lot of times there are other turtles there or interesting fish. Yes..cold is coming back to MN after today's snow..happy I only have to put up with it for a few days.

Thanks Babs and FishDiva

Ange- My underwater Camera is the new Nikon 1 AW1, and Rena uses the Olympus TG-2.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Octopus Whisperer Trip report-Day 7

What a treat! Your photos of octopus, honu eels, sunsets... And your lovely daughter are beautiful.

After our trip I'll go back and catch up on other trip reports and blogs but I wouldn't miss seeing yours each time you post! Thank you so much for sharing that talent of yours!