We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

Day 7 is ready, I hope you enjoy!

…blogspot.com/2014/03/day-7-ulupalakua-ranch…

~littlered

Edited: 25 March 2014, 01:36
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

I love your blog! I get so excited when I see it posted. How fun at the ranch with Chef Will. Very fun stuff! You had amazing, wonderful days. I am sure you are enjoying planning the next trip!

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

Another wonderful day in paradise!

Loving your blog and your pictures

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

This might be my favorite day so far...perhaps because I love Upcountry so much.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

It's Kaho'olawe.

You guys really got around! Wonderful experiences and photos. Thanks again.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,853 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

I love, love, love that you were open to those special "Maui moments" that keep bringing us all back..it is always the people and the "talk story" that make the connection.

And the beach you walked outside of Paia is Baldwin Beach! Loved by locals for body boarding.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
26,900 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

You are right, that drive Upcountry will be beautiful in May! I just love it up there! You didn't wander across the street to the winery? I don't like their wine, but the grounds are beautiful.

Did you wander into the shops at Paia or Makawao at all?

I love the picture of you walking on the beach, I think Baldwin Beach? It's very close to Paia.

Thanks Mamma! I got the name right! I have never ventured over there, but must rectify that next trip.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 02:43
Mentioned in this post
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Makawao
Makawao
Maui, HI
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

Enjoyed the Upcountry pictures, since it's been a long time I was around that side. I ate a buffalo burger once, but not on Maui.

Hey "Littered" (LOL at that), did you see a "green flash" at sunset? I've never seen one, but I did see a "pink flash" on Maui once. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

Wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports, esp this one, your pictures are great!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

This trip had to have made you happier than you ever truly expected. You both seem completely happy, relaxed and thoroughly comfortable meandering about and your time researching the places you wanted to share with B really paid off. And you are doing it in such a fun, easy way. It is very familiar to me and I love it. Thanks for sharing your good times and your blog. I really wanted your trip to be special and happy and wow, it was amazing! Deb

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui B. & T. Day 7 Ulupalakua Ranch/Paia/Pizza & Sunset

TB4, THANKS! After following your trips and loving your blogs and photos and being excited everytime you post something it is a thrill for me to have you enjoy my posts! Our days were amazing and writing this blog and sharing it with you all is the best come-down from this trip, I am re-living it with the help of B. and all of you and it is putting everything into perfect perspective. :) I just started searching last night for condos; I think we want to stay on the West Side again, started checking at Kaanapali Shores so far.

DP, thanks for sticking with me, I am glad you enjoy it! (I saw you posted a photo book, I have to still go look, I will let you know when I do!)

Barbara, I am so glad you enjoyed going Upcountry with us! :)

almostgrownup, THANKS! I remember now... :) I even remember remember how to say it, thanks for letting me know! :)

mamma, the people we met were the best; I thanked Chef Will for taking time to talk story with us and he said "we really didn't get time to talk story yet"... hmmm, I am going to have to visit him again. :) :) :)

Joan, we did go over to the winery; I forgot to write about it. It was actually really fun because we walked over in the rain! We first went in the store to look for restrooms and they sent us over there, when we went outside it was pouring a nice steady Maui rain, we were like... oh well, we leisurely made our way over watching others all covered up and hurrying trying to stay dry, we loved the rain that day!

We did not stop at any shops in Makawao or in Paia, we did however, have a lesson in pronouncing Makawao and later in pronouncing Paia, and I thought I knew how. We met some locals in Paia (not sure I should tell the "whole" story, but one was a swimmer and one a fisherman, I think one liked us and the other did not but that is their option. ;) The fisherman talked story with us for quite a while, you can probably guess the part of the conversation I am not mentioning, but we still enjoyed our entire story time. :) He also sent us in the right direction to find Baldwin Beach. (thanks mamma for the name)

Mostly we don't stop at shops unless I REALLY want to because B. doesn't love to and it is "our" trip so we stuck to what we both wanted to do. We have already agreed to split up a few times on our next visit. :)

Caddy, we did not see the green flash and even though we do make our way through Hana we did not get a glimpse of the "pink flash" either... tee hee

glad you are enjoying the pictures!

brenhansmom, Thank you so much for stopping to let me know your enjoying the blog! It means a lot to me! I am glad you enjoyed our Upcountry journey!

Deb, I'm losing track, are you at like two days now? Wow!!!! I cant wait to see pics of you with TB4! You guys are great! So you have been such an inspiration to me, really! I have followed you and hoped that we could have special days like you do. You are so right, the trip way over exceeded any expectation I could have had! Planning to go back already this soon was never even a dream, So Happy!!!!

~littlered

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Makawao
Makawao
Maui, HI
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Hana