We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Incidental Charges"

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"Incidental Charges"

Good Morning,

I have a credit at the FSM where I'm staying for each night that I stay.

The credit is for "incidental charges."

Am I correct in assuming this will not apply to food or beverages bought on property?

Thanks!!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Incidental Charges"

Incidentals usually refers to any charge over the room rate. Without knowing the specifics of your credit I couldn't stay for sure but if your rate gives you $50 per day or something for incidentals I would think it could be used for food and beverage. Of course a call or e-mail to the property could give you the answer.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,839 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Incidental Charges"

Incidental charges are generally food and drink ... and spa. In other words, it's not real money ... they just want to keep you at the resort so when your credit runs out ... you start spending real money there! The credits are for things that are grossly over-priced to start out with. That $50 will disappear into thin air.

Stores on the property ... it would depend on whether they were outside contractors and what agreement they have with the hotel about credits.

I seriously doubt that credits can be used for parking or resort fees. Mini-bar, movies or use of the phones are a possibility. Maybe special events like a luau on site.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 19:03
3. Re: "Incidental Charges"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:15