We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place to stay in Maui.

Indianapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for a place to stay in Maui.

I am new to TripAdvisor and this forum and tried to post a question a little while ago. Is there much of a delay while the powers-that-be look at it before posting? Please excuse me if I end up cluttering this section by reposting, Here goes:

We are going to Maui in June and will book a place to stay in advance for the first two or three nights. I would like to look around and decide if we want to stay there for a week before going on to The Big Island. That means after the first two or three nights of Jun 7, 8, and 9 we need to find a place to stay.

We are old and creaky and used to the old days of going places sans reservations and just winging it. No, not like hippies, but not exactly uptight expecting a gold carpet spread before us.

Is it feasible to do this or will we be forced to sleep on a park bench, in fleabag, or in the Four Seasons? I would like our initial stay to be near the airport. Our budget is in the base range of $120 t0 $150 per night.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Ham

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place to stay in Maui.

Welcome to TA. Sounds like your first post got lost in cyber space.

If I understand you will be on Maui a week. It's not wise to try to find a place once you are on the island.Your price point is low for a hotel room. You will find a couple of older hotels near the airport for that price but you could enjoy a small condo for that price. You will get more bang for your buck with a condo. There are many good management companies that you can rent through. Here are a couple that you can check to see what they have for rent.

http://www.bellomauivacations.com/

http://www.crhmaui.com/

Or you can deal direct with an owner by using VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner).

Edited: 05 April 2014, 03:09
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,919 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place to stay in Maui.

I agree - you might end up sleeping in your car. Besides, why waste precious vacation time trying to find a place to hang your hat? I am a budget traveler - and I can tell you that the nice places that are easy on the budget are the first to book up, so do book ahead. I usually research/rent via www.vrbo.com.

I would also post on the Big Island directly on the Island of Hawaii forum - how many days do you have for the Big island? Happy Planning! :)

3. Re: Looking for a place to stay in Maui.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:17