We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
520 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the advice, tips, and trip reports that helped make our trip extra special. Our 9 days in Maui have gone way to fast but we enjoyed every minute of it and much of it is thanks to all of the help from this forum. It is one of the most active and helpful travel forums on TA that I have ever used. So sad to be leaving tomorrow - we had a wonderful time and will definitely be back - hopefully soon!

Mahalo!

Lisa

p.s. - rest of my blogs/trip reports will come hopefully within the next week!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Enjoyed reading your blogs...looking forward to the rest...

Have a safe trip home!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Lisa, enjoy every moment of your last day and I also hope you can return soon! I second your feelings on this forum, I'd be lost without everyone's help here! I am way behind on reading reports and plan to read yours, I will chime in when I do.

~ littlered

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Lisa, enjoy your last day to the fullest! And with some luck, and the right timing, you will be back again soon, and start another "list" of possibles to do on Maui.

Hope you see lots of whales today!

Edited: 05 April 2014, 16:47
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
520 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Ha! Whales are the one thing we have not been too blessed with. We saw a couple from shore earlier in the trip (WAY in the distance) but not as much as I've seen others report on. We did do one whale watch on Wednesday and saw a mother and her calf but they were not that active (so we were told). Next time we will need to come back in January or February!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,934 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Safe travels Imkucala, I will be looking forward to the rest of your report.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Safe travels home Lisa. I enjoyed your blog and travel perspective very much. Take care, Deb

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

So sorry to hear the whales eluded you, but it sounds like you had a great time overall. We'll look forward to those 'when you get to it' blogs to come. Aloha.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

Ha! We will both be writing the rest of our blogs from snowy MN...hoping the last 11 inches melt before I'm home on Sunday. Enjoy your last day!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
520 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

travelbugged - I've seen a few pictures on facebook and indeed the snow does appear to be melting!

We get home around noon Sunday so I'm hopeful for sunny skies. I'm still wearing my flip flops home :)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,434 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mahalo - we had a wonderful time!

It's been a lot of fun following along...safe travels and warm landings.