We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Well, just finished the blog for our 2nd day. Got to take in the sunrise at Haleakala, see Paia and relax at the condo. A bit of a low key day, but we enjoyed it!

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Keywords:

Haleakala Sunrise

Pita Paradise

Monkeypod

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Thanks for sharing! We did the sunrise on our first trip and loved it. Very beautiful pictures you took!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,063 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

While the sunrise pictures are nice, I like the one of you two together by far the best!

I have never made it for sunrise, but hoping for a sunset adventure on our next trip. I just love it up there though, and enjoy the "moonscape" during the day.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Awesome pictures! We have not done a sunrise yet....guess I better put that on the list! You guys are sure doing Maui right! Thanks for taking us along!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Loving your narrative and the photos. Hope your trip is as wonderful as it looks!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,609 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Another great day. Yes you do wake up early due to that time change. Great way to take advantage of the early rise. Nice pictures.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

thanks for the sunrise pics- I have not seen any of them yet here, and very much enjoying your TR

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

If the pictures of the sunrise didn't do it justice, I can't even imagine how beautiful it must have actually been. Enjoying your TR so far.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Loving your blog so far! We got up at 3 to see the sunrise too!! It was gorgeous and very cold. On our trip in September, we are going for the sunset. This time our girls are tagging along and we aren't so sure they will appreciate getting up at 3 to see the sunrise ;) The time change is a bit rough. We were always the first ones to bed and first ones up. Can't wait for your next installment.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

I noticed you said you did this your first morning because of the time change. We are thinking about doing the same. Are you happy you did it that way?

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.