We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
465 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Got a lot done before a late flight - trying to squeeze as much as possible in and savor every last moment!

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Ulua Beach

Upcountry

Lavendar Farm

Hookipa Beach (again)

Rock & Brew (again)

p.s. - in the next couple of days (after I sort through my notes) I will come back and do a post on our gluten-free experience for my DH and DS, as a couple have asked about it.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Goodbyes are so hard..thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

I so enjoyed your blog and all your pictures. I was thinking of doing the lavender farm on our last day also so it was nice to read your report.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
465 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

I think the Lavender Farm was a good last day thing to do. Easy and doesn't take too long (there is I think a $5 entry fee so cheap also) and gives you a taste of upcountry if you have not been there. I would have been disappointed if I had done it during one of our full days when there are so many other things to do on Maui, but as a time killer it was great!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

I thought it might be a nice place to get some souvenirs and those views seem really stunning.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Can't wait to get your tips and information on the Gluten-free options on Maui!

We too love to visit Hookipa beach after having lunch at Paia. We will have to give that Rock and Brew place a try.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Very nice blog and nice last day too! The wave pictures at Ho'okipa are so cool! The last is so hard not to be sad. Having that next trip in mind really does help doesn't it? Hope you can make it back soon!

Aloha

Teri

Edited: 15 April 2014, 04:56
Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

That was a pretty great way to finish up your stay! Thanks for posting your trip & great pictures!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,964 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your adventures with us...great pics!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Thank you for finishing your blog (I am still way behind!). Looks like you made the most of your time.

Sorry the snorkeling wasn't good in the south. Fortunately we had great snorkeling on the west/northwest side. Thought we might see you at the airport that night leaving. It is a long night of travel but I love leaving on the red eye to get a full last day. Love the Ho'okipa pictures...we always love to stop and watch awhile.

Happy planning the next trip!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR Day 10 - Last Day in Paradise!

Thanks for the report, Imkucala, I've enjoyed them. You should try the views from Ulupalakua, up country, even better than what you saw from the lavender farm!!

If you were to post your gluten free options here on the forum (as opposed to a blog), I can link them to the Top Questions. It would be much appreciated, thanks!!