We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Finally finished our Road to Hana write up. As you can imagine this was a long day with lots of driving but it was a good adventure! We saw just about everything we wanted to except we couldn't find Aunt Sandy's. I had it written down as being at MM 17.5 but that wasn't right. We kept our eyes open the rest of the drive but never saw it, anyone know where it is?

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Keywords:

Paia

Anthony's

Road to Hana

Duke's

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Thanks for giving me a tour of the road- gorgeous!! The waterfalls look really full with all the rain people have been talking about- very pretty too. Each time I hear about this drive I am further convinced we should spend the night in Hana as I'd like to stop and swim, play on the beaches and hike a couple of trails and I think I'd be pretty sick of driving if we did all that in one day

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Beautiful pictures! I would like to do the RTH again but hubby doesn't really want to drive it. Can't say I blame him!

London, ON
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

The quality of your photos iare amazing! Thank you so much for the trip report. :).

White City...
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Beautiful photos and I enjoyed reading your comments!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Beautiful pictures, looks like you had sun for a lot of the drive. Love the color of the water. Never been but have been reading lots and I have 17.3 mm down for Sandy's, not much of a difference...probably wasn't open the day you went?? At least you found some other banana bread, good to know it was good too! Thanks for sharing!

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Beautiful pictures! We are coming in July and have a jeep reserved for 5 of us (4 door). We are planning to do many of the things you have done, so just curious if you're glad you had the jeep.

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
752 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing your RTH day with us!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Your long day was rewarded with beautiful vies. glad the rain let up and you had a nice trip. Love the pictures.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Smith TR Day 7 - Road to Hana

Thanks so much for the report and the pictures are awesome!! You have to get off the Hana Hwy and go down to the Keanae Peninsula to get to Aunt Sandy's. Were you looking for her stand on the side of Hana Hwy?