We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

After extensive research (and a massive headache, lol!) I think I've narrowed it down to three units. They are all very close in price. So I'm looking for best location (tower) winds, view, sunny or too hot lanai, walking distance from pools, etc.

H 611

K 545

H 415

Another option (and $1,000 less for the week) is H612. But looking on the map it seems stuck in the way back corner and not ideal, no? Any advice appreciated fromthose who have stayed there!

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
738 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

Aloha Tripletblessed,

You have done a very good job of sorting out your options. Of the three premium units, I like K-545 the best. Great ocean views just high enough to overlook the palms and it will be more relaxing as it overlooks the "quiet" pool. K-545 will have sunset views with a nice breeze but not overly windy.

Noise levels/echoing on the inner courtyard of Hokulani have become very noticeable as the infinity edge pool is now a favorite among the "Marco-Polo" families.

The least windy of these is H-415 which also has a large wrap-around lanai that we like very much. Fourth floor units will have palm trees within your ocean views.

H-612 is not windy, will have sunset views, is located high enough to have good ocean views over the kiawe trees that line the beach, is on the sunny south side so you will need your wide brimmed hat when sitting out on the lanai. Saving $1K is a big incentive; however, there is one BIG downside that you need to be aware of, and that is the ugly stalled construction site that H-612 looks directly into. Judging by the research you have done, I suspect that the view is rather important to you and you are planning to spend some time out on the lanai with family members.

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

Here is a link to the building layout

honua-kaanapali-maui.com/maps/images/hokulan…

Out of your choices I would pick H415 although your view may be blocked by trees. Take a look at vrbo# 331553

Edited: 03 May 2014, 15:44
Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

Wow that's for the informative advice! I understand what you are saying about H units being noisier, but that towers seems to get better reviews, and I thought the K unit would be farther away from the other pools ? - I have four kids.

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

The inside courtyard units are noisier, overlooking the pools. The H415 unit faces north so you would have shade all day. The vrbo unit I posted is H836 so you get morning sun, then shade the rest of the day. It offers ocean and west Maui mountain views since it is a corner unit.

California
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

I know this is a common question about HK but to be honest with you I couldn't see any real difference in which tower we stayed in. Like any hotel or condo complex, every room will have a slightly different view.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
738 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

With four kids, I think you will really appreciate the oversize lanai of H-415. Proximity to the pools should not be a factor as the walking distances are very manageable.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

The pools are pretty close in proximity to both buildings I thought. You are free to use any of the pools, as you wish. I do know the rental place is there at the Hokulani tower right beside of Dukes. I prefer the Hokulani tower only because of the Aina gourmet market......try their cinnamon rolls for breakfast :) I also prefer the inner courtyard views and honestly the noise wasn't that bad. The stalled construction site to me, is an eye sore and I passed on several condos because of this when choosing our condo for September. When looking for ours, I knew I wanted 4th floor or up, I learned this early on for getting the palm trees out of our view. Trust me triplet blessed, I understand your statement of giving your self a headache! I did the same thing to myself! I think either choice you make, your family and yourself will be pleased! Can't wait to see which one you pick!!

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

Decisions! Decisions! Thanks for the input....I will keep you updated.:)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

I was in the same position as you. Looked and looked until I couldn't see straight. I finally went wither south facing 5th floor H unit. Yes, we will have a few of the unfinished Westin site but based on the cost, size, availability, ocean and mountain views I am content with our decision. I liked the idea of an exterior facing unit and the separate living/sleeping spaces with the 1 bedroom rather than studio. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with whatever unit you choose but a $1000 savings would be tough to overlook for me.

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on which unit in Honua Kai?

thanks again!