We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Mixed plate question

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha Mixed plate question

Does anyone know if this restaurant takes reservations???

Thanks

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

Sorry ~ they don't.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

Thanks...guess we will just show up...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

Canadasunny, we always try to hit restaurants, casual or nicer, at "odd" times if we don't have a rez, or they don't take rez's. Our time zone is hours off of Hawaii's so it makes it pretty easy to do. For instance, we will eat a super early lunch or a really late lunch (and call that dinner! LOL!). We tend to avoid a lot of wait time and crowds that way. I've only been to Aloha Mixed Plate a time or too, and as usual we arrived at an "off" time, right as they opened for lunch as I recall. Zero wait! And our pick of tables!

Don't know if our strategy will work for ya'll, but AMP has a lot of seating, so you should be fine. Enjoy! :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
272 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

I agree with the poster above - we travelled with a 1.5 year old so we found ourselves eating dinner between 5-6pm most days.

We went to Aloha Mixed Plate (which we thought was excellent, by the way!) at 5:15pm and got a table straight away, but by the time our food arrived maybe half an hour after we got there, there was a huge queue waiting for tables.

Of all the places that we went to in Maui, we rarely had to wait any more than 10-15 minutes because of the time that we ate at! (We lunched at about 11 and had dinner between 5-6pm)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,195 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

If you do not want alcohol, your table will be closer to the water. They have two separate sections, with alcohol, and without.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

I have noticed that if you don't want alcohol it's a shorter wait time to be seated.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

Thanks to everyone for your great tips

Level Contributor
36,349 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

The food is very good here! We had just a short wait for lunch. Enjoy! :).

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
57,635 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

Just fyi, AMP is in the process of getting their liquor license 'expanded' to cover the entire place.

I think their food is awful, but have fun if you go.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Mixed plate question

I think it will be good if they get their license expanded. No more trying to game the "alcohol, non-alcohol, or first available?" signup.

I've always found their food to be quite good for what it is and we always make a few visits each trip.