We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Wow....a month later and I am back trying to complete the blog. Life just happens too quick at home. We get busy with work, school and life in general! Anyway...I am hoping to stick with it and get this blog finished!!! This was Monday March 31st.

We did Captain Steve's Snorkel Trip to Lanai and saw 3 types of dolphins!

…wordpress.com/2014/…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Travelbug,

What kind of under water camera do you use? I noticed that your under water pictures are always so clear. My underwater pictures were always a hit or miss.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,920 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Oh I love the underwater selfie..I think that's a first on a Maui blog!

Different markings on some of the fish, interesting. Loved the white trimmed in yellow. Had you ever seen one of those before, Jen?

Three types of dolphins..that's a record.

Thanks for working your blog around "home life".

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Great photos & vids, love those bright yellow fish. Interesting Capt. Steve works in Alaska too!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Darn life always gets in the way. Glad you're back at it. Another day of wonderful photos! Btw: you look great!! No need to hold your tummy in....but I do the same thing. ;)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,986 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Love your pics, Jen, thanks for posting them and the video's are amazing.

barefoot, that's a Pyramid Butterflyfish. I've only seen a few on Maui and here on Oahu at Hanauma Bay.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

You were holding out on me!!!! You mentioned the Pyramid's but you said nothing of the Blacklip, Lemon, and Pennant Butterflyfish. Not to mention the Whitecheek surgeonfish and the Spotted dolphins. You just cost me a couple hundred bucks also. This dude has to go to Lanai now. Can't get enough butterflies but it looks like Shark Fin may help my addiction. May even have to go over in February also.

Thanks for getting these up. They were worth the wait.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Really great stuff. Making an ID on something new is one of the things that makes it fun. Those Pyramids are so beautiful!

Much appreciated.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 05:04
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Thanks for another awesome blog and the movies were spectacular! I loved your last line that you had a great day and the rest of it on the lanai. That really just sounded perfect to me. Looking forward to anymore you share. Home is sometimes beyond busy! Deb

Edited: 10 May 2014, 13:49
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Happytraveler- mine is the Nikon 1 AW1... It is a newer camera and I love it! A few were by my husband and he has the Sony RX100 with Ikilite housing.

Barefootn- we have done a few selfies! Gotta get the shot together! The Pyramid I had not seen before. They are not as common in the islands. However, there were so many there...I took a picture but it didn't turn out well- but there was an area that there had to be around 100 all swimming together. We saw a few fish that are rarely seen over on Maui.

Tropical Dreamin- it's Captain Scott that goes to Alaska..Steve stays on Maui year round. It was a very fun snorkel trip.

Craftykling and FishDiva -thank you so much!

Dreamin- I had to leave some surprises! I wish we would have gotten some better pics..but some of them were very shy! I think you should definitely go over there. It was worth it to us!

Patrick- thank you! It is always fun to see the fish we don't normally see.

Deb- you know as well how crazy busy life gets! Have to finish it though for the memories! Especially when my next blog will be Alaska! :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult Getaway Trip Report- Day 4

Alaska blogging could have a very different vibe.....no photos of me dancing at the wedding of the year! Maybe you should join us on Maui this September?!?!? Deb