We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at Other Hotels?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eating at Other Hotels?

Hello All --

My husband and I are staying a week at the Marriott in Wailea in June. We are planning on exploring the island, and I was wondering what the etiquette is related to dining in restaurants at other hotels. For example, can we simply walk over to the Four Seasons for breakfast? Or, one day, we plan on driving up to snorkel in Kapalua, if we want to grab lunch at the Ritz Cartlon, can we? After lunch, would it be okay for us to walk around the grounds, or is this frowned upon as we are not guests?

Thank you in advance for all of your help. I spend a lot of time reading the advice and thanks to TA, I hope I won't be too much of a confused tourist.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

All the resorts would LOVE to take your money at their restaurants and shops and have you explore their grounds! Just don't plan on trying to use their pools...those are all "guest only"!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,865 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

Agree with Mamma!

Also..instead of eating at the Ritz...Go up to the Plantation House at the golf course there for absolutely fabulous views and a good lunch..better than what they have at the hotel!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,028 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

Most of the hotels and resorts will have showers along the beach as well, so you can quickly rinse off any saltwater and sand you collected on the beach. A nice cover up over your swim suit is usually okay for a lunch.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

Sure you can wander into the hotels and dine, for dinner you'll want a reservation. DUO would be happy to see you.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

, <if we want to grab lunch at the Ritz Cartlon, can we? After lunch, would it be okay for us to walk around the grounds, or is this frowned upon as we are not guests?>

Of course-totally agree with mama-we do that all the time!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,486 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

Hotel dining rooms are public. All beaches in Hawaii are public.

In case you didn't know, Shops At Wailea is just a few steps from the Marriott. There are several restaurant choices, a Whaler's General Store with some deli items, a Starbucks, ice cream, etc. Immediately to your north is Kihei, with more small restaurants and shops. For moderate cost, we like Gannon's (above Wailea with panoramic view) and Five Palms (in the Mana Kai condo-tel on Keawakapu beach in South Kihei). You can dine in or outside at both of these.

7. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 21:26
Edited: 27 June 2014, 21:26
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

You can also use valet parking for free and just tip

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

Thank you everyone for your help! I feel more comfortable with moving around. Looks like The Plantation House in Kapaulua it is.

10. Re: Eating at Other Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17