We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's green and it's beautiful

California
Level Contributor
387 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
It's green and it's beautiful

We all slept in this morning and had a light breakfast of Maui Gold and yogurt.

Finally piled into the car around 10:30 and headed north

Decided we had to stop for maladadas at 4 sisters in Wailuku before heading down the 37 towards Pukani. Took the 377 inland to Makawao-what a beautiful drive through the tall green roads, it felt like we were all alone on the island. Reggae playing on the radio, very relaxing!

Stopped at Halimaile General Store for lunch and enjoyed the seafood chowder and seafood salad. Enjoyed the ambience even more than the food, set in a cool old plantation house.

On to Kula with stops at the Kula Farm Stand and the overlooking park.

Wow what a view! Both sides of the island with verdant green and yellow fields between-amazing!

I have ribs cooking low and slow while we head to the pool. Molokini Express booked with Kai Kanani in the morning with an 6:00AM checkin!!!

Crazy that I'm setting the alarm while on vacation so hope for some great snorkeling.

Early to bed tonight

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,681 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

Glad you discovered Upcountry, pretty special place. Ribs sound great!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

Sounds like a perfect day again! Enjoy the early snorkel tomorrow!

~ littlered

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,542 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

Glad you got to enjoy Upcountry. It is pretty special up there when the skies are clear.

I am curious though... are the ribs in a slow cooker, or in the oven? And did you use some rubs from Maui?

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

Were the purple jacaranda trees in bloom? I hope to gaze at them in just a couple weeks.

If I could live anywhere on Maui it would be Upcountry.

So very much enjoying your jaunts around the island. Thanks for the updates.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

I want to see Upcountry :) And ribs, my oh my! Sounds delicious! That was my husbands only gripe on our last trip, setting that alarm on vacation. Can't wait to hear what your family thinks of the early snorkel.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,777 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

I'm so glad you went upcountry. Outside of the road to Hana I think it's the most beautiful drive on Maui. Was there a couple of weeks ago and yes, Barbara, the jacarandas are blooming!!

I hope you enjoy your snorkel tour.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

Sounds like a perfect day to me! Thanks for posting and making us all pine away for those great views :-/

8. Re: It's green and it's beautiful

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17