We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Airfare

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
781 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Airfare

Just wondering if anyone has bought their airfare for fall yet ? Prices seem to be $600 per person.Hoping it would be lower but from what I have been reading I'am not so sure it will drop.We are going in October for a week. I haven't seen any ads for fall and thought I would by now. Maybe in a couple weeks ?

Patty

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Airfare

I bought mine for Maui, for Sept 11-18th, on Travelocity a few weeks ago... from Reno, NV on United.

$570.00 which AWESOME for us! Usually its over $700.00 person!

--Lori

Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Airfare

Ours for September-October were 1,262 a piece for the 4 of us! We have a stop in Honolulu for a few days, then fly Hawaiian Airlines flight booked though Delta. I know thats a bit much for one ticket but in the summer it was double. I couldn't find anything for under 1,100. $600 and $570 sounds like a steal to me ;) book it!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,612 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Airfare

For our trip last October, there was a significant price drop 3 months out . Unfortunately I didn't have the patience or confidence that prices would drop to wait it out, and by the end of June I gave up and booked. Two short weeks later, in mid July, prices dropped by over 20% and there was no option for a credit.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Airfare

We had to buy ours for November as the one non-stop from DFW was almost full. Ours were around $1k each. A lot more than what we paid in. 2009 that's for sure!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Airfare

Corgimom: Do you fly on Alaska? It's been a long time since they have had any sales to Maui. I fly out of PDX and buy my tickets as early as possible, when there is still good seat selection. Wish they flew bigger planes! (or that Hawaiian air would reinstate their non-stops and start a price war.)

At least Alaska has that price guarantee where you can get a credit if the price goes down after you book.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
781 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall Airfare

Barbara- we have always flown Hawaiian. Definitely bummed when they stopped the direct to OGG. I am waiting for our annual companion fare to be posted to our account with Alaska which should be in a few weeks then I'll decide. I really like the larger plane on Hawaiian though but hate having to waste time in Honolulu.

Patty

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,048 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fall Airfare

Well Hawaiian normally does a price drop 3 and a half to 4 months out or so. We book our Feb. trips from Seattle in Oct and it's a much busier time to visit. Any flight from Seattle under $500 is fair game for a Feb. trip. If you can live with the $600 go for it for the peace of mind...just don't look back.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fall Airfare

Aloha Corgimom! (Cardigan or Pembroke??)

Agree with all the posters and especially Mamma's advice that once you book….. do NOT look back!!! ;-)

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
781 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fall Airfare

Yep, always great advice don't look back. Probably book this week. I do like bulkhead seats. Lol

Southerngirl ,,, Pembroke. When I do my TR from our Kauai trip last week there will be a little story about him.

Patty

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,809 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fall Airfare

I agree to book..........but I would also look back! Sometimes you can get a voucher for the difference if you find the exact same itinerary has dropped in price. HA, United, almost all the big airlines do this-but they don't make it easy.

The vouchers are often at a fee, so the price drop needs to "pay" for the voucher. The vouchers are usually good for a year, and can be applied to any future booking (not just Hawaii). It can be a nice way to get something back.