We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

We are going to Maui Dec 30th - Jan 16th. This morning our rate for a midsize car on DHCR dropped to 635.00 on DHCR from our previous rate of 835.00 on Costco! This is a $203.00 price drop!!! The rental is through Enterprise with one free extra driver included. I am VERY excited and had to share!

Here's to hoping more of you can benefit from this drop today!

~ littlered

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I was a $1120 through Costco for a month at Xmas. Now I am at $759. Santa must have us on his nice list.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Karen, so happy to hear this!!!

~ littlered

Iowa
Level Contributor
12,312 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Ha! Should've known you'd post Littlered! Love it!

💖 Teri

Edited: 30 May 2014, 12:46
Iowa
Level Contributor
12,312 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

I'll just add my post to your thread since we don't need 2 threads.

Rates are down this morning 5/30/14. A friend ( The one and only Littlered) saved $200+ and I saved $36 on a convertible that was already less than we've paid in the past for that open air tourist fun car.

This was with Enterprise on DHCR. I'll check Costco later too.

Check your rates!

Good luck and happy saving!

Edited: 30 May 2014, 13:00
Chapel en le Frith...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Prices are rising for me! :(

Managed to bag a $317 Full size a couple of weeks back for 12days (26june-8july) Prices well over $400 now for a compact/economy! however jeeps are down to $518.....tempting! I set a personal $500 limit on the jeep/convertible though.

That's DHCR not a Costco member :(

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

we just saved another $65 as well with discount HI rental- well worth the minute or two it takes to keep checking!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

We joined Costco just for the car rentals and gas stations on the islands. Not always are they the best BUT so far this year for our 3 rentals our prices have dropped by 50%... like I said on another forum ...at this rate they could be free by the time we travel this summer :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

Zubsin..I just did the same thing about a week ago. The prices were so much cheaper..even than DHCR that it more than made up for the yearly fee. I'm getting a great price for my 22 days this summer..hope they drop more though!! And Christmas is so much cheaper than last year.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
531 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

I joined Costco too because of their cheap rentals. When I booked about a month and half ago, Alamo's price for a full size for a week in September was great! $268.00. Alamo has gone up now, the other's can't seem to beat it :) I check daily, they must think we are stalkers! ha!! So glad you guys are seeing drops!!!

California
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Huge Car Rental Price Drop!

We arrived here the other day and also rented from Enterprise. They have by far the best service and nicest people unlike the other companies. Our Costco rate dropped like 6 times so keep watching it and rebook when it does.