We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Looking for specialties/souvenirs only available in Maui or Hawaii, such coffee, candies, handmade items, etc. thanks!

Tucson
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Maui Macaroons are local and delicious. They sell all sorts of flavors in different size bags so they are great to bring back as souvenirs (I filled my carry-on with them, no joke, and I have the picture to prove it!). I couldn't stop eating them myself. You can get them at Ono Gelato in Lahaina and I think a few other places.

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,137 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Koa wood, anything made with koa wood.

And Maui coffee! Get it in Lahaina, under the smokestack.

Spices galore. Jeff's Jams and Jellies makes a great BBQ rub, and a coffee rub.

Head to Binky's in Honokowai, 3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road for stuff made by local artisans.

Lots of art work, and jewelry there.

If there on a Saturday, head to the swap meet up at the college in Kahului. 50 cents to get in. But do watch for Made in China stuff there.

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

I brought back raw sugar from that sugar mill/museum. Talking to a co-worker about buying it almost got me a long talk with HR though- she overheard us (we were waiting for a meeting to start) and thought the name- Maui Gold- was a type of marijuana.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Loved the Honolulu cookies to bring back....there is a store at Whalers that sells them

Also as mentioned the coffee from the store under the smokestack

Macadamia nuts.....

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,875 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Volcano spice in Makawao is a treasure trove of Hawaiian sea salt, spice mixes and sauces. There is a store in Whaler's Village called Totally Hawaiian and Maui Hands has locations in Lahaina, Paia, Makawao and at the Hyatt on Kaanapali. All their products are locally made.

Mentioned in this post
Volcano
Volcano
Island of Hawaii, HI
Makawao
Makawao
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

I;ve gotten some gorgeous sea glass pieces from the swap meet - not the generic stuff that you see anywhere but beautiful one of a kind hand made pieces.

http://www.puremauiseaglass.com/

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

We always get gifts at:

Volcano Spice (Jawaiian Blend is my favorite)

MauiGrown Coffee, under the big smoke stack in Lahaina. Lahaina Beach blend is my favorite

Jeff's Jams and Jellies, available at the swapmeet and at Ono Gelato stores

Maui Fruit Jewels - Haven't tried this yet, but checking them out this summer!

Mauna Loa Coconut Milk Chcolate Mac Nuts

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

Maui Grown coffee for Maui Mokka it's not cheap but really good coffee.

I also like Jeff's Jams and Jellies they also sell his stuff and other food items made in Hawaii at Maui Tropical Plantation if you stop there.

I also have a couple pieces of the sea glass jewelry that DP mentioned from Creighton Sato love his stuff but a little pricey for gifts for the folks back home but maybe for yourself :)

Also at the Swap Meet is a booth called Nalu Koa a wonderful couple named Charles and Stephanie make and sell the most wonderful body creams and lotions I am addicted even my husband likes there stuff and he is a man. They sell a wonderful all natural sunburn relief gel awesome stuff they try to use as much organic and locally sourced ingredients they can.

Just discovered Binky's on my last trip loved it got a beautiful pair of black Tahitian peal stud earrings for myself and Binky herself is a sweetheart!! They also have lots of moderately priced gifts for the folks back home.

Gosh there are so many places even ABC store sells some great candles called Bungalow Glow they are in a coconut shell and made in Hawaii.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

The soaps from Maui are nice gifts too....loved the plumeria ones

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Specialties/souvenirs exclusive in Maui/Hawaii?

I just bought macadamia olive oil.There are a few different blends infused with garlic or Italian blends etc. They are called Oils of Aloha and I purchased them In the gift shop at the Andaz. Hopefully they are good. I am giving a few away as gifts, and I'm going to try them in a caprese salad tomorrow night. Wished I could have found some reduced hawaiian balsamic.