We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lights

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Lights

Can you make a right at a red light in Maui?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lights

I was remembering "yes", to your question, Sweber, unless of course it is indicated otherwise. I googled it and found a couple of reputable looking references that do say you MAY turn right on red after a complete stop on Maui, unless otherwise posted. But you're on vacation, so part of the joy of Maui is slowing d-o-w-n. LOL! And btw, this is coming from a gal that LIKES to drive fast. I love that Maui is a place where I decompress almost as soon as landing!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lights

Exactly what Southergirl said..yes except if posted no. And yes slow down...but not so much that you prevent the people who live there from getting to work!!!!!

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lights

Thanks

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lights

Hahahaha!!! Travelbugged is SO right! Yes, MA'AM! As considerate guests on the lovely, lovely Maui, it is best to always be in mind as we sightsee from our cars, that there are an awful lot of nice folks that are just trying to get to/from work, take kids to school, get to the Dr, etc., etc., etc.

I have seen the highway from Maalea to Lahaina back up for MILES, crawling like snails during whale season. And it is generally because folks won't just PULL OFF and see the spectacle, so that others can go on to their destinations. Living in a major tourist area, Orlando, I can attest to how frustrating it can be when there are so many visitors driving that forget not every person around them is on vacation. I don't want to be "that guy". *wink*

5. Re: Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17