We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 6th TripAdvisor get together

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
September 6th TripAdvisor get together

We decided to start a new thread to work out the logistics of a get together of us TA users there in early September. We can use this to bounce around ideas and make plans. So far we have 3 options.

1. Meeting at a nice watering hole Like Duke's, Maui Brewing, etc.

2. A potluck / BBQ at a nice beach park.

3.(My favorite) If JOan123 relieves the government of Canada of some lottery funds we throw her a nice house warming party. I already call dibs on the lanai lounge to sleep off the libations.

I'm hoping some of the locals and local DE's will help with ideas for this as well as attend. I know we'd all love to meet and thank them for all they do for us annoying tourists.

Lastly I want to apologize to all the other September visitors who's dates don't match up with this one. It's usually the one drawback to setting these up. But I did notice it seems like there is another big group around the third week. Maybe those of you there then can arrange one for yourselves? They are fun. And feel free to steal any of our ideas we come up with. Well except for maybe the party at JOan123's new condo. Two parties maybe a bit much. ;-)

Trilogy Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
Redline Rafting Co.
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
Valley Isle Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Blue Water Maui
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
60,016 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

Snorkeling in the afternoons isn't that good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pssst....you guys are making this way too hard, LOL. Put this aside until August 6th and then start it up again :-))))

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

Ah..the voice of reason...let's resurrect the thread on August 6th, with the thinking that 9/6 is the. Day...and L beach is the choice....what time do you think?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

1:00-3:00 or 2:00-4:00......IMHO and open for discussion certainly. People can stay as long as they are having fun! I agree that bringing this thread back a month out is most likely a good plan. I personally have the loosest itinerary that is possible......this is my only reservation! Looking forward to the fun. Deb

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

For us morning snorkelers later afternoon would be better. I was thinking 3-5.The park will be very busy in the early afternoon hopefully it will thin out later. I like keeping the thread alive, so others coming on to the board will see it and can leave the date open. Plus it's giving me something to help pass the time/days.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

I kinda like barefoonAR's idea. We tend to eat lunch late anyway since the body clock is a bit off. Heck many days on the islands we only have two meals. Plus that way if someone wants to have lunch great or if they just want snacks and chat that works too. Comfortable and easy going. We'll be on Maui time, no worries.

Boston...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

Who is invited to this happening ?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

Are you going to be on Maui September 6th and available to share a friendly afternoon visiting with fellow TA members? If so, you are invited! Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,845 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

As far as I know, anyone who wants to show up is invited!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

That's right. Anyone that's on Maui on Sept 6, or can fly in for the afternoon, that wants to join in, is welcome. The more the merrier as the saying goes.

Babs is talking about getting another gathering set up for the 3rd week or so of Sept.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: September 6th TripAdvisor get together

It is SO tempting to plan a return trip around this date! I don't know though. We have a new grandbaby arriving in So. Cal. and I suppose seeing him should take priority. (Especially since he is going to be named after DH).

Maybe we can take separate vacations; DH to California and me to Maui?