We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm Here...Update😍😍

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
I'm Here...Update😍😍

Just an update from when we left Toronto on Friday the flight to SFO then to OGG ran smoothly and on time. What a better experience at SFO compared to last year, running through Houston's airport to catch the next flight, taking the subway system....

Arrived around 5:15 pm, picked up our rental, no lineups then off to Honua Kai...we were very tired as it would be 6 hours ahead for us, so after settling in the condo we went to Dukes for a bite...the Tiki lamps were out, a slight breeze it was beautiful.

On Sat morning we got up to head to Haleakala...in the middle of the night, but we were awake, a beautiful experience, then stopped at Kula Lodge for breakfast...a beautiful setting and then we went to the swat meet.

Picked up some of Jeff's Jams, Maui macaroons, Paradise Soaps, enjoyed some freshly squeezed lemonade, it was very hot so we plan to go back next Sat to pick up a few other things to take home.

Sunday we were feeling it, so it was a beach day....today we are headed to Upcountry and Paia and wander about...

Joan, .there are so many flowering trees and bushes, the plumerias are beautiful . I wish I knew all the names, I have been taking photos to make a collage for at home.

It is very hot this morning but a slight breeze....love the birds chirping, the palms swaying and the Maui scents....oh so glad to be back

😊 Diane

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Thanks, Diane for the report. I love going upcountry, especially when it's warm at sea level. Have a great time!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Aloha Canadasunny!

What a great report on your return to Maui! Loved your descriptions… the smells, the birds singing….. so, so lovely, isn't it? Have fun! Can't wait to hear more!

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Glad you are having fun

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Hope those beautiful purple jacaranda trees are still in bloom Upcountry for you.

I like interspersing "do nothing" days in between activity days, too. Good plan!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Yay Diane so glad you are back on Maui!

As far as the Houston airport UGH I have flown through there twice and both times was a mad dash to get to our next flight and that train is slow...... After the second time I swore never again.

Thanks for keeping us updated🌺

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Thank You for the update! How do you like the Honua Kai? Which tower are you in?

Have FUN, Upcountry, going to Tedeshi?

--Lori

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

You hit the ground running. Enjoy the trees and flowers blooming UpCountry. Oh what I would trade for some Maui Pineapple macaroons. Please a couple of bags for me.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,529 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Ok.....cannot believe I have never heard of macaroons before but if is true! There was a trip report or mention by somebody recently and now your update Diane. Something new for my treat list! Thanks for letting us know how your trip is going and it sounds like great fun. Ejoy every minute. Deb

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
473 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Oh you just took me right back there. Those darn birds get up really early! Have fun.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm Here...Update😍😍

Just what I needed to read today! Thanks for reporting in...I'm seeing and smelling those flowers.