We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
92 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

We're arriving on Maui this Friday and are wondering if the Costco currently has the Tommy Bahama beach chairs, and if so what the current cost is. We're going to be there for 2 weeks, so cost wise I think it would be a break even to buy vs. rent. Thanks !

California
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

They were there the other day. I think it's one of those items they always stock.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Believe they were $27.99 in-store -- they're $39.99, Costco-delivered, so pretty stellar deal! A growing number of condo units actually have them or a similar beach chair, so if that's the case ... you can always return 'em on the way back to OGG and nab a wrap &/or chicken Caesar salad for the flight at the food court. ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

Fairfax Station...
Level Contributor
147 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Another Costco question - our local Costco has a nice Tommy Bahama collapsible cooler - does the Maui Costco have that? Would like to buy it there rather than here and have to pack it. Since we're going to Hana for the first leg of our trip, we need a pretty good sized cold grocery carrier.

Thanks all!

Edited: 10 June 2014, 13:34
Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Thanks we will also buy chair instead of renting..

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,373 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

No need to buy or rent if you're staying in a condo. Most have beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, sand toys -- and of course towels.

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

We are not staying at a condo..Wish we read this forum before we booked..

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Aloha,

VirginiaIntrepid, Costco actually has their own brand collapsible cooler bags that are super reasonably priced. I keep mine folded nice & flat and in the front zip pocket of my big checked bag so I can pull it right out to fill at Costco for the drive afterward to our destination. I also have a really nice, huge tote bag style cooler bag, again Costco brand, that I found there. It is like a oversized canvas bag, but insulated. Both these bags were extremely well priced. The tote bag does fold flat, though not quite as flat as the former one. They're great!

Fairfax Station...
Level Contributor
147 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Great info, thanks Southerngirl! I will definitely look for those. Certainly don't need to pay for Tommy Bahama if there's a cheaper, generic alternative!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

If you have a Costco nearby at home, you might want to see if they have them. I would hate for you to get to the Maui Costco and them be out. The ones I referred to were NOT in the area with coolers & outdoor stuff. They were actually on the aisle with stuff like ziploc bags, foil, etc., as I recall. Just ask someone if you cannot find them. :-) I don't think I paid more than $10 for either. The first one I mentioned came in a set of 3 as I remember.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
92 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving Friday- Does Costco have the Tommy Bahama chairs?

Thanks so much everyone! I love TripAdvisor. The chair prices are great, so it will be a better deal for us to buy.