We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

table or mat seating?

Columbia,SC
5 posts
Save Topic
table or mat seating?

We're looking at booking a Luau at Old Lahaina Luau and have the choice of mat seating or table seating - any feedback from those who know how the layout is for the show would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: table or mat seating?

The mat seating is closest to the stage. If your back can handle it, and you think you won't be too uncomfortable, go for it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: table or mat seating?

Mat seating looks very uncomfortable! We had table seating and was happy for it. My camara doesnt have the best zoom so taking pics was the only good thing I could say about mat seating.

The show is great and you can see fine from the tables, just taking pictures was difficult.

Mike in Tulsa

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: table or mat seating?

We did "traditional" mat seating last year, and while you are closest to the stage, I found it very uncomfortable. Plus those seats are the last to get up to go to the buffet.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: table or mat seating?

All I know is that after ole kama has hit the Buffet a minimum of three times and downed multiple Mai Tais, he has enough trouble getting up outta a chair...on one of those mats: just hope the Wife comes back and claims me the next morning.

Meadow Vista, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: table or mat seating?

Just did this last week. Had table seating, not mats. The mats are closer to the stage, but I could see them squirming and constantly shifting around.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,122 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: table or mat seating?

Closer is not necessarily better in this case. Mat seats are below stage level; you'll be looking up the whole time. I felt that the table seats toward stage center had better views.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: table or mat seating?

Table.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: table or mat seating?

The real question is :Do you want to sit on a chair or do you want to sit on the ground ?

"Traditional seating" like hell ! Traditional for whom?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: table or mat seating?

Darn it Bud, I checked with Sue at Trip Advisor last night and she said you were in the lead for the "Most improved disposition of the month award".

Don't blow it or I'm gonna lose another $2 bet with you know who.

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: table or mat seating?

maybe a traditional seat warming is in order?