We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding recycle bags

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Question regarding recycle bags

Hello, newbie to the forum here. We are in the planning stages of our first trip to Maui. I understand there are no plastic bags in the stores on the island. Is there a place to buy Hawaii decorated recycle bags? Walmart? Kmart? ABC stores? If we can find some pretty ones that will remind us of our trip afterwards I would be happy to buy several. Or should I just bring plain boring ones from home? Thanks in advance!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Question regarding recycle bags

Join the club, Sweber! We'd love to have you in our "my bags I bought on Maui sure make me smile at the grocery store back home" group!! ;-D

California
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Question regarding recycle bags

The other day in Maui my wife refused to buy the plain Safeway bags and just paid for the paper bag. She's couldn't dream of buying a plan shopping bag in Hawaii. On the way to leaving for the airport we made our usual stop at Maui Tropic (Maui Built Store) and they were selling Maui Built shopping bags, my wife was in heaven!

Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
288 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Question regarding recycle bags

lol Clint

24. Re: Question regarding recycle bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17