We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Whaler

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Whaler

Ok I think we have finally decided on possibly the Whaler may be the right choice for our place to stay. Thanks tripadvisor. Next question is anyone at the Whaler how bad is the noise coming from Whaler Village? Most of the availability is in Tower 2 which is closest to the village.

Would love any recommendations from people who have stayed there.

Love tripadvisor. Thanks.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Whaler

kaanapaliresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/…

Here's a rough map of the Ka'anapali Beach area. If it comes up small, click on it.

I've never stayed at the Whaler, so I can't speak from direct experience. I have stayed at the Sheraton Maui a ton of times - right down the beach.

The Whaler is on the parking garage side of Whaler's Village. I would choose a condo as far from Whaler's Village as I could. Not only do you get the cars and trucks, but the music, voices ... and a ton of people traipsing back and forth. Choose wisely.

BTW - if the pool is important to you - you don't want the Whaler. Relatively small pool ... and right on that stream of people walking the paved beach path.

Madison
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Whaler

We love the whaler but alway aim to stay in tower 1, facing away from black rock. I would think tower two would be fine if on the side facing black rock. We never hear anything from the village.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Whaler

We always stay in the same unit in Tower 2 facing Black Rock. Love it. I would never want to be in a unit facing Whalers Village. The pool is fine. Great beach. We've stayed the Sheraton and Kaanapali Alii and prefer the Whaler.

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Whaler

Lov'n Maui-May I ask what unit you stay in? Thanks to all for your suggestions. Love Tripadvisor.

Litchfield Park...
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Whaler

Tower 2 is OK as long as you get a courtyard facing unit(facing Black Rock). Units facing Whalers Village will be noisy. The one time we stayed in Tower 2 facing Whalers Village I vividly remember being awakened at various times with bottles thrown in dumpsters, the beeping of garbage trucks backing up etc.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Whaler

We stay in unit 656. It's not all updated and shiny but it's clean, has a washer/dyer and a great view. Price is the best as well. We book it through chasenrainbows.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The Whaler

We always stay in Whaler #264 (Tower 2) facing the courtyard and we never hear any noise. Don't know when you're planning to go or what configuration you want, but it's a studio in the VRBO pool. One time we stayed in a condo facing Whaler's Village and it was pretty noisy and all the smells from the restaurants would always come in through the open slider. You don't want to go to Hawaii and not be able to open your windows. Good luck with your search.

Ontario, Oregon
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Whaler

We stayed in a beautiful condo on Whalers Village side. The only noise came from the people at the BBQ area below us and the air conditioners from Whalers Village. Worse than the noise, were the smells. We couldn't leave our lanai doors open because of the cooking odors from the Hula Grill. We could have them open until about 10:00 in the morning.

The condo itself was wonderful. It had everything we needed and was in great condition. We will definitely stay at the Whaler again, but will try to get a courtyard view.

9. Re: The Whaler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 06:16