We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau in Maui

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Luau in Maui

So wife finally asked me to book a Luao. Was not sure if the kids would like to sit through another after our Luau in Oahu a couple of years back.

I check OLL and it say booked for the whole of July.

Any other recommendations which the kids would enjoy as well. WE have two boys 6 and 12 .

Thanks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
398 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luau in Maui

Royal Lahaina Luau was recommended to us with kids because of the fire/flame dancers and kids menu and price. However, I think we are going to go to a nice dinner at Hula Grill + the free hula show at Whaler's Village instead of a luau. My kids are 4 and 6 years old boys and I fear they would lose interest quickly in a long luau recital.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luau in Maui

Kids that age probably would like the Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt in Kaanapali.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luau in Maui

Thank you Quenzette .

I am going to check out the Royal Lahaina

I actually did consider going for the Hula Grill but Older son and DW want to really do a Luau.So here I am searching.

Level Contributor
35,740 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luau in Maui

Feast @ Lele is excellent entertainment! :).

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luau in Maui

Feast at Lele might not be the best with two young boys. While they have the fire dancer, they also have an eclectic menu. It isn't for every one. I'd be checking the menu on the website before you considered the Feast.

It's not a buffet, but you are served at your own table.

I honestly think they would enjoy the OLL a whole lot more then the Feast. And one thing to consider.... you can phone the OLL and get put on a "wait and see" list. Give them your dates, and see if they get a cancellation. Others have managed to get a table there that way.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luau in Maui

Thanks I will call them

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luau in Maui

I agree with Miss JOan to call OLL and get on their wait list. Nice folks! Drums of the Pacific sounds like a nice option if you can't get into OLL. I've done both OLL and FAL, and agree that FAL is not really geared for most young kids. I have 3 of my own. :-D

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luau in Maui

We went to drums of the Pacific in March. It was good for kids. The night before, we saw hula show at whalers village....it turned out to be the same dancers and MC from Drums of the Pacific. Spend your money on one of the many great restaurants in Maui instead.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Luau in Maui

My 12 year old granddaughter loved the luau at Royal Lahaina last year because of the kid-friendly food offered at the kid's buffet and because of the fire dancing. I liked the price. This year we decided to go to Old Lahaina Luau. It was completely booked but I phoned early in the week and asked to be placed on the wait list for any night they might receive cancellations during our stay. OLL called a couple of days later and we had a table at the luau the following night. My picky granddaughter enjoyed enough of the food to make it worthwhile and she loved the pre-dinner demonstrations and the show.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
41,595 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luau in Maui

Our favorites have been Old Lahaina Lu`au, and Feast of Lele. They ARE different, but we have enjoyed each, and we are really not much into commercial lu`aus.

I agree with the comment above on the menu for Feast of Lele, but know the chef, and find his fare to be excellent, if a tad eclectic. He is also the executive chef for I'O, right next door.

Hunt