We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Confused

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
More Confused

I have been trying to read all I can about what accomadations are on Kaanapali Beach near Whalers Village. I know about the Whaler Condo's, the Sheraton, Westin and Hyatt. What other Condo's or resorts are located within walking distance to the Whaler VIllage? I want to reserve something as soon as possible for our June trip. It seems that every time I find something I like, it is not in the area that I thought it was in. I like the Hyatt, but I want to make sure I look at all my options before deciding. I am sure I will have many other questions, but I will feel much more relieved when I book our stay. Thanks so much in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Confused

What about Kaanapali Beach Resort - I haven't stayed there but my sister did a few years back and liked it

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Confused

Do you have a copy of Maui Revealed? They have a map, showing where the resorts and condo's are located. Fodor's usually has the same but I haven't looked at one of those lately. The Ka'anapaliu Beach Hotel and the Ka'ananapali Ali'i are also there.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More Confused

From South to North along the main (or "South Beach") shoreline of Kaanapali Beach Resort are:

Hyatt Regency Maui (Hotel)

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (Hotel and Timeshare)

Kaanapali Alii (Condominium)

Westin Maui (Hotel)

Whaler's Village (Shopping Center)

The Whaler (Condominium and Timeshare)

Kaanapali Beach Hotel

Sheraton Maui Resort (Hotel)

There is another condominium project, the Kaanapali Royale in the South Beach section, but it is inland across the golf course from the shoreline development.

All other hotel and/or condominium development in the resort is further outlying from the primary South Beach strand, in the North Beach or Mauka (upslope) areas of the community.

The official map is at:

http://www.kaanapaliresort.com/Map.html

Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
235 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Confused

All of the resorts and condos within walking to Whalers Village have been mentioned. The Hyatt is the furthest away, and has the worst part of the beach for swimming. If you want to be near the village and be on the best part of the beach, stay at The Sheraton or The Whaler.

5. Re: More Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 04:15